Other BACKREST'S??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olds Guy

Reaction score
I am wondering if there any bikes that share similarities to the V Max for mounts. Need a backrest and rack so I can start hauling me daughter around...I an not so nostalgic that I need to pay $350.00 for a factory one...

I like the factory aluminum mounts...maybe they need reproduced??

One of our members has a nice setup that is less expensive. Look in vendor section for Cycle-Istic (sp?)

One of our members has a nice setup that is less expensive. Look in vendor section for Cycle-Istic (sp?)

cyclistic-banner.gif

Dobie from Cycle-istic is awesome to work with... I ordered his backrest... shipped super fast! Great guy.

Dobie from Cycle-istic is awesome to work with... I ordered his backrest... shipped super fast! Great guy.

+1 I bought the billet luggage rack and backrest and the quality is excellent and the shipping was fast. Best thing is you can remove it with just a few bolts, only takes about 10 minutes to install or remove.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Here's mine, I love it!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380747667848.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380747667848.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 44
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380747694952.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380747694952.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 45
Well if I am getting it I want a rack!! The beer doesn't magically appear in the shop fridge!!!

also I spy a '68 and Ford 9" in a picture too.....

Yes you do ;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380749076923.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380749076923.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 27
The rack is really stout too, way stronger than the OEM one. Like I said I like it because its easily removable so I don't have to run it all the time but when I want it I just pull the pass seat (2 bolts) and then throw it on and its only 4 bolts and then toss the pass seat back on.

I use the rack without the backrest. It is great for tail bags and trunks. (Larger than all the competitors). Can put my Givi trunk on it if I need a lot of storage. Holds full face XL modular helmet plus more. If I do need a backrest, I just use my Corbin seat backrest that is super easy to install. Never have used the backrest that came with the full setup.

I have tried OEM (with both the V-Max and Virago backrests), Renn-Tech, MEK, and HAC backrests/racks over the years and like this one for its versatility. (May be others. All I can remember right now). Each one has advantages and drawbacks. Depends on what you need. The HAC and MEK won't work with the Corbin seat without modding the seat. I like the Corbin more than the cut down seat (SportMax) I had before as it was way too uncomfortable in the crotch area on long rides. One trip to Waco and back (about 170 miles) and that seat was history. Walked funny for hours after that ride... :biglaugh:

I like that one too, I think our forum supporter/vendor has a good product. I might be willing to swap a stock sissy bar and luggage rack for one of those in a straight swap. I don't mind 'used.' (most of the time, you can all think of relevant exceptions):rofl_200:

Looks like it went for $325 + 25 shpg for $350 total. That's $60 more for a backrest only than for my backrest/rack combo. Jus' sayin' . . . :biglaugh:

Back