Rear sets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anybody making rear sets in here that dont cost 400 bucks?

Normaly they run about 400€:

http://www.v-max-f-maerz.de/vmaxkatalog/220/232c_en.html

They looks cool, bit heavy but very strong and well bulid, freshly chrommed.

There're lot of rearsets but all of them are expensive.

http://www.v-max-f-maerz.de/vmaxkatalog/220_en.html

Cheapest here:
http://193.109.190.78/e_shop/product_info.php/cPath/21_31/products_id/303?osCsid=da9d6250b44ee7b8671030379be195a0

Always wanted to fabricate my own version but dont have a time recently.
Plan to start some work with Jeff/hubber but he become father recently, i got a new job so those things must wait for now.

Last edited:
I still have the CAD files, and I actually got a new job, so hopefully I'll be able to work a little more on this. Keep reminding me about this and I WILL get it done! :)

Thanks,

Jeff

+1
Any idea of price range?
I am interrested in a set that does not include the passenger pegs ( solo rider )

Good luck,I keep lookin and lookin and everything ends up at least $350 before shipping. If I had proper tools Ide make my own, having a welder helps but by no means makes your garage a machine shop.

I just dont have access to the stuff to pop a pair out...hope to see a forum member master their production for less than $500

If anyone has a drawing of a set I can take a look at it and see what they might run. But I imagine it wouldnt be possible to make them cheap.

PM me your e-mail addresses and I have old Pro/Engineer (2000i) files of some rearsets. I have lots of pics and I really want a set myself.... I have promised this in the past and really need someone to kick me in the ass and get this project going.... Call me at 3I9-46I-8969 and make sure someone can make this at a good price.

Sorry for the let-down on this project.

Jeff

Cant blame yourself single handedly.Got a whole forum of guys(and a few gals) who havent figured out how to get these things made for cheap yet.

The main concern is tools...If I had anything more than a skillsaw with a grinding wheel on it,a dremmel,and a welder at my disposal Ide be pumping out so much metal fab crap you guys wouldnt know where to hawk it.

I mean sure I get some stuff DONE for having so few tools but nothing that could cut the metal the way I want it to make it look right.LMAO hell even if some one sent me the precut metal I can weld it up and grind it clean...

Hey, I agree, no one to be blamed and for sure all we have other stuff that is really more important than a rear set for our ride especially in this economy....

But anyone with the resources either skilled or gifted would like to start talking "biziness", or either share the resources together, please initiate it:

1- about how much roughly $ for a set to be fabricated
2- what shape, look alikes, photos :pics:eek:r specs
3- if reasonably priced I truly believe that it will get popular among us and we can get a few orders and get started. :punk:

I sent a PM and I'll take a look at the drawing. I might be able to make up a couple sets. But it would more than likely be a long lead time, as I would be doing it in my free time to save cost. Also what kind of finishes are we talking here? Raw aluminum you can do whatever you would like with it would be cheapest of course. Also no finishing means no overhead for me except material, which I've probably got enough laying around already.

Good luck,I keep lookin and lookin and everything ends up at least $350 before shipping. If I had proper tools Ide make my own, having a welder helps but by no means makes your garage a machine shop.

I just dont have access to the stuff to pop a pair out...hope to see a forum member master their production for less than $500

You might try a local machine shop. With the economy right now most of them are really hurting or damn close to shutting the doors. Fortunately I'm not one of them. If you have the drawing and go there and talk over the drawings with them. There are certain things they could do to cut costs like larger radii in corners ,if your gonna powder coat they can get away with a little rougher finish. Also they might drop the hourly rate just to get the work and keep people busy on the floor. Might be worth a shot.

I'm really interested in the pricing estimation.
Even if I need to have it polished, chromed or power coated myself i'm good with it :)

I wish I still had access to the equipment from my old job....a republic-lagun vertical machining center, driven by cad/cam program called surfcam....I could have drawn the stuff up and cut it out for you guys on the cheap! The problem with going to an independent machine shop, is that unless you are ordering about 50-100 sets of them, the price will be steep. You might luck out and find a shop hurting for work that will do them for a reasonable cost, but most will stay away from it due to the legalities.

Jeff, we are finally getting a new CNC machine. Only a 4 axis but that should be enough to do most items the bike will ever see. Hopefully we can convert your code to what we need to run it. Machine should be here in a few weeks hopefully.

Sean

:punk:Yes, yes, yes, yes,
IMHO, lead time is not the serious issue right now, we still ride and enjoy riding the max.
Errr, it might be a good time to expose some pictures and estimate a rough price and go from there..

Latest posts

Back