Riding gear suggestions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like my Icon Accelerant Jacket. It is half ballistic nylon and half leather. With the liner in it is warm enough for those 30 degree mornings, and with the liner out not brutally hot in the summer. I think the ideal would be to have a mesh type for the summer and full leather for the colder days.

Shoei TXR helmet
Tormaster Flex2 jacket - It's a mesh jacket with removable
liner, armor in elbows, forearms and shoulders plus back
protector. Has an outer layer that is water and windproof.
Kind of a pain to change around but it's one jacket for the
whole year. Wore it in low tens and stripped down for July
riding, worked great. $179.
Firstgear HT overpants - Wore in the teens, has removable
liner and is waterproof. Haven't worn them without liner
yet but have been effective in cold. They do make the air ht
for summer riding. I figured I would take out the liner and
carry them as rain pants. Plan on Tourmaster DSX pants
for summer.
Can't lose with SIDI boots.

I wear gear, no flip flops please.
Regards,
Chris

Those are the same pants and jacket I was looking at on newenough. Glad to hear somone else has used them and likes them.

Yep textile is a good start,...I usually wear leather, but i sold my jacket last year to a friend, so I ended up borrowing a Joe rocket 2.0 from another friend, wow,....my morning rides are usually cold ,..12c in the morn and 25c later in the day,..the 2.0 was warmer than my leather with elec vest ,...it had alot to do with the back CE Armour ,...
Now ,..I ordered a jacket for my daughter from New Enough,..got it in 2 weeks ,..very good documentation,..pricing was also awesome ,..original price was $240,..sale was $88,...
Just ordered a First gear scout 4 for myself that was $60 cheaper than any one else on the net. AND there outta Texas....so shipping will be days for you.
Welcome to the group bud.:punk::eusa_dance:

I recently purchased a joe rocket jacket... Took it some cooler rides kept me warm and blocks the wind really well. Grear ventilation, rain layer and a themal layer. Also has back, arm and shoulder protection it was 185.

1st max,
No matter what you decide to buy try and find a place
where you can actually try the gear on. Different brands
size their gear diiferently. Had to take my HT's back to cycle
gear for the next size. Got a great deal on them at Cyclegear
on new years day, 40% off cost me $107. The fieldsheer mercury
pants are nice. Ditto On newenough.com , motorcyclecloseouts.com
has good deals also.
Goodluck,
Chris

Well thanks for all the suggestions; I bought all my stuff today. I went to rocky's in burton and bought everything there. There prices were exactly the same or cheaper than ordering through newenough. I got a Tourmaster flex 2 jacket, some milwaukee boots, a HJC CL-SP helmet, and ordered some joe rocket phoenix pants. I really like the jacket, it fits great and has all kinds of adjustability for different temps. Got that for $200.00. The helmet was on sale for $140.00, regularly $180.00. After trying on pants with liners I decided I liked the mesh pants with no liners the best. They just fit better over loose jeans. I figure I can wear them over pants for cool weather and wear them over shorts or underwear in hot weather. I would like to eventually get another set that has no mesh for cold weather. I went for a ride with the new helmet, boots, and jacket, kept me warm and comfortable. Plus it a lot easier to shift with leather boots than with shoes.

Haha, thats where I live! I also graduated from Flushing high school and currently work at the school in the I.T. department. Small world. The Ice Breaker sounds awesome and I would love to come. But I don't think I will be ready for a 400 mile road trip by then. We will see, thanks for the offer.
I thought I might reopen this old thread. to see if I may know your dad. I graduated in '78 from FHS My last name is Evans and used to ride with Goodroe, McKay's, Olney, Zippy, Sullivan and probably some others I may have forgotten. Any of those name ring a bell? I am kinda sorta related to Dan Borgerding (Century 21 Woodland Realty) too. I stopped by a old buddy's house last summer out on Webster Rd/ Coldwater but didn't get into town. Let me know if you get up this way so I can show you some of the roads/ local points of intrest.

Back