Route 66

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulVmax

Reaction score
I live in the UK just wondering if there are any bike rental company's in Chicago that rent out Mr max as I don't fancy doing it on a Harley thanks

Your best bet would probably be a forum member, maybe one with multiple maxes. Maybe one that would tag along with you, for the whole trip or part thereof.
In any case, regardless of what you ride, you would most likely have a few forum members join up with you, since there are probably many living close to the old rt. 66.
Is your trip in the preliminary planning stages?
Please keep us informed. I think I will be heading out west next summer, it would be groovy to hook up with you somewhere along the way.
Cheers!

A trip along the long-straight Route 66 in the American Southwest would not be bad on a Harley. I would suggest a rubber-mounted one instead of a rigid-mounted engine. If you can stay in the sweet-spot that the rigid-mounts are designed-for, they are supposed to be very pleasant for the long-haul. If you exceed that, then the vibration becomes intrusive, I am told.

I understand what you want to experience. A more-modern bike would probably be more-pleasant, and with less potential to go-wrong. I am not a long-haul traveler on a bike.

Latest posts

Back