Should have stayed in bed..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blaxmaxx, what are you pushing for volts on your apex battery? I installed mine today, thought it would be a little stronger then it is, I'm pushing 12.23 volts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12.78 Do a load test, Steve-o got a bad one and I told him to send it back- They will cover it.

With the headlight on, and the bike not running, you should have ATLEAST 12.55 at the battery.

Ok, I will check that out then. I shouldn't have to charge it at all? Right from them those are the readings I should have?

Well, I can put the battery maintainer on it and see what it does for me. I'm just wondering if it is a weak battery, I thought it should've had more juice out of the box. Thanks for the info

Really? Damn...maybe it's a bad battery then. That's a big difference in cca's.

Ok, I charged the battery to 100% life according to my Schumacher charger and the volts read 12.89. I let the battery sit off the charger and monitored the battery. Before no time the battery had fell to 12.54. I put the battery maintainer on for the night, will take it off in the morning and then check the voltage after work. But, I'm gonna say that my battery isn't holdin what it should. And this was done straight off the battery. No key on.

Ok, I charged the battery to 100% life according to my Schumacher charger and the volts read 12.89. I let the battery sit off the charger and monitored the battery. Before no time the battery had fell to 12.54. I put the battery maintainer on for the night, will take it off in the morning and then check the voltage after work. But, I'm gonna say that my battery isn't holdin what it should. And this was done straight off the battery. No key on.

Yep, I would say the same thing, but maybe it will prove everyone wrong in the morning.

If it has fallen that far I would say a dead cell. Do a check on your r/r also.
If it doesn't pick up
call apex and tell them you would like a replacement.

Lol, please forgive me for asking... What's r/r?

I just checked my APX12220 and it read 13.31 after sitting for about a month.
It always reads at least 12.97 or more.

Back