Should have stayed in bed..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my Apex.............Maintenance free and always ready to rock!........:punk:..........Tom.

So this morning just after unplugging the battery maintainer I was at 13.23v. I will see what it drops down to after work, hopefully it will keep. That r/r off eBay is cheap! Where do you recommend getting the plugs for it? I will also check my r/r. There something in the book on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this morning just after unplugging the battery maintainer I was at 13.23v. I will see what it drops down to after work, hopefully it will keep. That r/r off eBay is cheap! Where do you recommend getting the plugs for it? I will also check my r/r. There something in the book on that?

I just crimped 5 spades connectors to it.1 direct to the neg battery post-
1 to the positive w/30 amp fuse inline
3 to the stator wires.

Care to share a pic or diagram of wires to r/r?

Care to share a pic or diagram of wires to r/r?

The 3 wires on the left are from your original stator wires going to your r/r. They can go in any order it does not make a difference where.
The far right plug goes directly to the negative post of the battery and the second plug in from the right goes to a inline 30amp fuse then to the positive post on the battery.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-GAUGE-IN...902810?hash=item58d793b1da:g:l7gAAOxyOM9R7oEj

Attachments

• CIMG1234.jpg
    CIMG1234.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 11
  • CIMG1235.jpg
    CIMG1235.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 12
Awesome! Thanks for that info. I shall make yet another mod to the vmax!

Battery is maintaining 13v. Now, to upgrade the r/r!

Took the day off to get the rear wheel off the Road star for a new tire. Go out to the garage to find the FRONT tire flat, with a teeny tiny finishing nail stuck in the tread. Pull the front wheel to get a new tube put in. While that was being done, I diagnosed the problem with the Max suddenly not charging - probably a bad regulator.. Anyway, I get the front wheel back and can NOT remove the slider pins on the right caliper. Eventually I got one out, but the other ones gonna take drastic measures to get out. Its rainy and damp outside so the bike sits till tomorrow. To top it all off I had to sit in a dentists chair this afternoon... PITA day:bang head:

If we could see how our days would be ahead of time, I'd stay in bed many days..............LOL

Back