So, who's riding on New Year's?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposed to be 51F here in Dallas today, and some buddies and I are going to partake shortly after lunch. (It's 30F, right now, though... :confused2:)

So, who else is going to ride today, freezing or not?

It's a little wet out, but I've got the Vmax pushed outside for my New Year's Day ride. Rode the R1 yesterday during the short period time it wasn't raining. Done it every year for about the last 10=12 years.

the 14 is cleaned up and ready to go. 53 right now with a high of 70 :D

man wish i could. cold, salty and snowy here. also put a 2" nail thru my foot yesterday so shifting would be difficult.

man wish i could. cold, salty and snowy here. also put a 2" nail thru my foot yesterday so shifting would be difficult.

Ow!! Sorry to hear that Garrett...be sure to get a tetnis shot!! :stretche:

Seriously doubt any 'Noreasters will be doing any riding for quite some time...well, maybe a short one on the 4 whlr. but that's just not the same! :bang head:

:punk:Happy New Year, just got back. Went about 100 miles up to the lake and back. Left at 10 a.m. it was about 50 degrees, got back at 1 p. m. and it's about 70 degrees out. All this sunshine really sucks, Spur

:punk:Happy New Year, just got back. Went about 100 miles up to the lake and back. Left at 10 a.m. it was about 50 degrees, got back at 1 p. m. and it's about 70 degrees out. All this sunshine really sucks, Spur
Ouch, that's really not fair Spur!!! I think theres a rule somewhere that states: Riders from warm riding weather locations (warmies) are required to post at least one set of pictures a month while riding to help riders from cold non-riding weather locations (coldies) ease the emptiness of winter. Only exceptions allowed are 1) if warmie rider is injured, hospitalized or 2) motorcycle is being repaired or modified.
Another little know rule: If coldies are found to be sitting on their Vmax making varoom varoom noises are not "f@gs" , it is perfectly acceptable behavior!

Ow!! Sorry to hear that Garrett...be sure to get a tetnis shot!! :stretche:

Seriously doubt any 'Noreasters will be doing any riding for quite some time...well, maybe a short one on the 4 whlr. but that's just not the same! :bang head:

you might be onto something da, we should retro fit a quad with a vmx12 motor, mmmmm look kinda neat with a marks pipe set up on it dont you thing :ummm::punk:

Take care of that foot Garrett, plenty of rehab time before weather gets decent in the Northeast. Managed to dodge snow on the Cape yesterday, rain instead.
I surrender, season over. Time to crank up the heat in the shed, get the clutch job done, vavle clearence checked (23k) cops done and some powder coating. Picked up a trailer this week too. Not bad, 2000 cap. 5' by 8', 14 inch tires, tilts. Should make a good Vmax transporter for the far away runs this summer.
Steve

Went riding on the snow---- Ski resort was not at all crowded, never waited in line. If I can't hit the V-Boost, I'm happy with a steep uncrowded slope.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Foot up. Football. You'll be back up and around. :biglaugh:

Just got back a few minutes ago, here. Did about 100 miles today, with most of it on the weak twisties here in this part of TX. Fun, and chilly.

Stopped for burgers after we were done, and backing the Gen 1 out of my parking space, put my right boot down in a puddle that was just freezing over. Boot slipped but hit decent pavement right before it was too late. *whew* Ice sucks on two wheels.

Gonna try and ride a bit tomorrow before North Texas goes back into the freezer next week.

hey guys, thanks for the thoughts. foot's doing much better today... the booze has been helping! tetnus shot is updated so good there. gonna start on a bunch of mods this weekend.

Back