Speedo Cable Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
I was only able to get the speedo cable hand tight on the side that connects to the speedo. Is this gonna be a problem? If so what is the easiest way to access that area? I took the headlight off and was able to get a little bit of space but not enough to tighten it with anything other than my hands...

Thanks,
Abe

Remove two allen bolts holding steering crown together with a T-handle. That'll make it easier to get to.

I was only able to get the speedo cable hand tight on the side that connects to the speedo. Is this gonna be a problem? If so what is the easiest way to access that area? I took the headlight off and was able to get a little bit of space but not enough to tighten it with anything other than my hands...

Thanks,
Abe

It should be all good to go .
I have just had mine off today . I have a screen on my Max so i took the screen/crown cover and indicators off in 1 piece used long allen key to take the crown cover off but the main light and its bucket off before doing so then you are right at it .

Thanks,
Abe

i'm usually careful with teh cable and only tighten maybe 1/8 turn past hand tight and never had a problem. i bet you wont.

Thanks for the reminder, LOL. I was wrenching last night after midnight. This seems to be the only time a man with a 60+ hr workweek, a demanding wife, two kids, and an asshole dog can find to work on his vmax. This thread just reminded me that I did NOT tighten the speedo cable when I reinstalled the front wheel. I was taking the time to clean up what I could while I had the wheels off getting new tires mounted and oops!... At least I didn't forget to tighten the axles or caliper bolts. At least I think I didn't?

Thanks for the reminder, LOL. I was wrenching last night after midnight. This seems to be the only time a man with a 60+ hr workweek, a demanding wife, two kids, and an asshole dog can find to work on his vmax. This thread just reminded me that I did NOT tighten the speedo cable when I reinstalled the front wheel. I was taking the time to clean up what I could while I had the wheels off getting new tires mounted and oops!... At least I didn't forget to tighten the axles or caliper bolts. At least I think I didn't?

Sounds like my life!

Latest posts

Back