starter relay?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayvin53

Reaction score
Took a ride today and she wouldn't start-had to jump start her to get her home. All I got when I turned the key was a clicking, seems to be coming from the starter relay. Is that what they sound like when they're gone?

The starter relay is supposed to click. Test your charging system.

Took a ride today and she wouldn't start-had to jump start her to get her home. All I got when I turned the key was a clicking, seems to be coming from the starter relay. Is that what they sound like when they're gone?

There is not enough power to turn the starter. This could be a battery issue but is usually a problem with the charging system.

Started right up this morning. The ride going to the rv store was lots of stop and go and waiting long periods for road construction, with speeds consistently low. Leaving the store is when it didn't start. Took a different way home, no stop and go, higher speeds. This is the first time it's done this...the PO had replaced the starter motor last year. I assume the a/c magneto mechanism generates the juice to keep the battery charged, right? Possible that needs to be replaced too.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

In the electrical section of this forum there is a sticky with a fault finding .pdf. Follow the flow chart and it's guaranteed to find the problem. It's usually a connection in the charging system...whether to the battery or stator to R/R.

Thanks for the quick responses, maleko and buster. The fault finding flow chart is my next step...

Back