The IGNITECH TCI thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for TPS users :
Is it possible to set the TCI this way :
- vacuum ignition advance managed by vacuum sensor via IAP settiing
- Vboost opening managerd by TPS via TPS setting.

Or one way is only possible ? IAP or TPS for both advance and Vboost?

Now someone else might chime in...but its my understanding that no, you cant mix and match. You have a radial button, and can only pick TPS or IAP settings.

Question for TPS users :
Is it possible to set the TCI this way :
- vacuum ignition advance managed by vacuum sensor via IAP settiing
- Vboost opening managerd by TPS via TPS setting.

Or one way is only possible ? IAP or TPS for both advance and Vboost?

I don't see a way to mix IAP & TPS settings.

You can however use RPM combined with TPS or IAP for the ignition advance portion. Then for the Servo setting the choice would be either RPM alone or RPM and IAP or TPS (same as ignition advance).

Gary

Traumahawk, did you tried this map from new Dyna3k?

If not, the file is below ;)

Could you test it and tell if it is better than the curveN°2 of the old Dyna?

Ok, so you should try the new one, there is a "conservative curve" for high CR and a "performance one" for standard CR that seems to be optimised regarding old ones.

nouvea11.jpg

Attachments

• 90-07 VMax -Dyna 3K6 P-curve_2.zip
    898 bytes · Views: 22
  • 90-07 VMax -Dyna 3K6 P_curve_2 FR.zip
    918 bytes · Views: 16
Last edited:
Well I dyno'd the bike today with the laptop hooked up, just so that way I could see what the ignitech was doing. During the dyno runs, it is reading 100%, so that line equates to WO throttle. I then had him take it to 4800 rpm. The equivalent of 75-80 mph. it is on the 0% line...so I know KNOW....that is for part throttle.

I forgot to air the rear tire up to 40...its at 33 so probably cost a bit of hp, but all in all, I was happy with it. Now for the 4-1 kerker.

Could you tell us the Voltage values you read on the dyna for 100% an 0% ?

Traumahawk, did you tried this map from new Dyna3k?

If not, the file is below ;)

Could you test it and tell if it is better than the curveN°2 of the old Dyna?

I havent tried that map yet.....but during my next dyno session, I will, and see what happens.

Sorry for not replying sooner, just been a bit under the weather.

I havent tried that map yet.....but during my next dyno session, I will, and see what happens.

Sorry for not replying sooner, just been a bit under the weather.

No problem ;)

I changed the Map (it was not finished), so please reload it...

I add the "FR one, same WOT curve but with FR vacuum values from Yam FR TCI (much more grunt at mid range/part throttle)

It's the ignitech exe file that comes with the ignitech unit....that is used to open the various maps.

Is it CLUTCH MASTER TIME really working?

I tried it with 1000ms (and INPUT1)and i can't feel/ear anything...Any miss or pause in the motor noise...

Have you wired an input into the TCI via the 20 pin connector to the clutch switch?

This would be a custom separate input from what is normally supplied by myself or Ignitech. You may need a clutch switch from a 1st Venture that had cruise control. The clutch (and brake) switches have an extra set of contacts in them for disabling cruise. This set of contacts would be able to provide an input to the TCI so it knows clutch has been depressed.

Gary

So, no one else tried the clutch master option??

Edit :

Ok it works but :
- pressing the clutch lever is mandatory to activate it
- It doesn't work around idle speed, only a bit higher in RPM

Last edited:
Did someone checked the static advance?

Since i plugged the ignitech, the idle speed is lower, but with 10° (value presetted in ingitech) it should be higher than with stock TCI...?

I Wonder if the synchronisation values are ok...

So here is my settings after playing, testing and trying to find advanced tips on many forums...

MISCELLANEOUS

ignite14.jpg

250 ms for Clutch master time (shifting is easier)
500 ms Clutch master pause (enough between shifts)
1 rev without ignition, a little fuel before ignition backpressure (easier start, better for starter)

For sensor settings, i decided to go differently because i don't feel the throttle blipping good and accurate, so:

0 Kpa setting.
We don't need to find the max vacuum value voltage, we need the voltage value at max vacuum advance, in the EUR manual, max vacuum advance is at 270mmHg (greater values than US for better part throttle grunt).
So i connected the Carbtune to the carb 2 vacuum port and set the idle (idle scew) till it reach 270mmHg, i note 2.8V on the Laptop.
So 2.8V is my 0Kpa value and it will be my Max vacuum advance setting in the map

100Kpa, At WOT, there is no vacuum so i took the Voltage value shown with engine not running : 4.8V
4.8 is my 100 Kpa value and will be my mechanic advance setting in the map.

ADVANCE MAP

ignite15.jpg

ignite16.jpg

ignite17.jpg

This is the WOT advande curve of the Dyna3K programmable ver.
I breeded it with the higher vacuum values of the stock EUR TCI (way better for part throttle and cruising around 3000 RPM.)
I set the base advance at 4°till 900 RPM (where dwell by lobe stops) to make life easier for the starter.
So at 1100 RPM, the initial advance is 10°, way better than stock 4°, engine is running better at cold without choke!

POWER OUT

ignite18.jpg

Shift Light activated, setting is 8600 for now, probably need more fine tuning.

SERVO

ignite19.jpg

ignite21.jpg

I made a mix between stage7 and stock Vboost.
With Stage 7 at low rev, we have grunt on part throttle, but the more you open the throttle, the lower the grunt is (intake air speed drop too low) so.
I set it to be almost always open on part throttles openings and to be shutted under about 5000 RPM at WOT (why not 6000, because some ET tests seems to give better results with opening at 5000 instead of 6000 or 3000)
Closed at idle for clean idle...

25 1/P [mV] because under i hear the servomotor moving when engine stopped, if i put my finger on the pulley i can feel micromoves, no more engine noise (but something else) and move at 25

20 Off [mV] because under (when 25 1/P set) i ear some "digital" noise (like CD readers when seeking), no more noise at 20.
This way i know that the servo moto is really steady.

The part thottle advance max values i set: 50° at 3000 RPm (270 mm HG) and curve shape to 4000PM are the Yamaha stock ones for 90=>EUR (with same camshaft as US) so no worries about detonations. those values are safe ;)

From 4000 to 9500 this is the part throttle advance max curve of the new Dyna3K, may be too high, may be not.. At partial load it shouldn't create detonations.

I think this is better to set the max part throttle advance at 270mmhg than 80 or 40. The gap is wide and safer between 270 and 0 than 40 and 0 ;)

Back