Too much political talk

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

too much political talk?

• Nope, perfect as it is

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • A bit much, would like to see it toned down

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Way too much, impacting my visiting of this site

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Don't give a shit

Votes: 22 27.2%

• Total voters
Oh that! Just trash talk, I didn't mean anything by it. Please don't take it so seriously. The reality is there is no market for guns with bent barrels. But the idea. It would be like the Darwin awards.

I know what you mean about the Darwin awards Dave. Stalin had a term he used for the ass kissing morons that raved about how great statism worked (while in reality he knew it was simply a way to dupe these same fools into agreeing to be ruled). You know those people that believed that it was a great benefit to society while in reality it was tyranical rule over people with the constant threat of execution looming over their enslaved existance.

Stalin called these great political scholars "USEFULL IDIOTS".

Darwin award indeed.......They were always ending up in the Gulags......musta been a big mistake.

Once political ranting pushed out the "girls on bikes" thread from the top, I had no reason to stop in here anymore.

If you really feel that strongly about a certain political view, bring it to ears that (at least possibly) matter. Write your congressman, take some sort of action. Speak in terms politicians understand: votes. Express if they support/don't support something, they will lose your vote next election. Enough people say that and things will change. The only thing politicians fear more than lobbyists with money is losing their office. No, one angry letter isn't going to reform Washington, but every movement to reform has to start somewhere. Can't fall into that "well I'm just one person so I won't bother". Everybody thinks that, so nobody does anything and the gov't runs away with it like they are now. This has happened before through the course of history many times. Eventually revolution occurs and every revolution started with someone.

While it's great to let out some steam here, in reality it amounts to nothing more than a bunch of guys virtually high-fiving each agreeing that obama sucks.

If you really feel that strongly about a certain political view, bring it to ears that (at least possibly) matter.

While it's great to let out some steam here, in reality it amounts to nothing more than a bunch of guys virtually high-fiving each agreeing that obama sucks.

Finally... if its not politics its politics about guns... the internet is a place where opinions are allowed, by everyone.

The reality is this is a VMAX BIKE forum, not a gun forum or political forum.

I dont check specific sections of this forum i use the new posts button, and it seems that theres almost as much political and gun talk combined than bike talk, i say that as those topics are highly posted and always recycle to the top and are always showing up on the new post listing.

For those of us that dont care its annoying, because nothing is accomplished except ganging up on few people that have different opinions. The end result of those discussions solve nothing. gonna change the world on a bike forum huh? i realize its winter and cool/cold in many places, hobbys are limited at this time but come on...

I dont give a shit about obama. i have a small interest in US politics but hes Americas problem. keep him there.

Just an observation that started last fall and only gotten heated since the election and mass shootings...

Im a donating member and have a right to this particular opinion.

I can still get to my favorite parts suppliers and help other bikers but theres starting to be too much non forum stuff commanding attention around here. Buster still runs a top notch forum, and the moderators keep this place on track. Thanks.

None of this was intended to piss anyone off or single anyone out. if you feel this way, my apologies, but im stating what seems to be a common thing these days. I just dont want my #1 website becoming consumed in non bike bullshit.

Thanks for the vent guys and gals.
peace,
evan...

Perhaps I'm missing something here but isn't this just another form of social media....made up of a bunch of folks with a common interest...the Yamaha VMax? Where people discuss all sorts of things that are on their minds? :ummm:

Or should some topics be discouraged because they offend certain people or don't directly affect them or whatever?

I think the pertinent question here is...."Are the recent gun/political discussions causing a reduction in the number 'interesting and pertinent' VMax posts?" Are too many knowledgeable motorcycle folks becoming so mentally caught up in the gun/political stuff that they don't publish as many motorcycle oriented topics as they usually do?

The answer is, of course, no! There are just as many motorcycle topic post as normal for this time of year. I just don't see the problem here, if the title says...."Politically Oriented topic".....don't click on it! :confused2:

It is alarming that in this day and age some on this site not only think they should stick their heads in the sand and take it up the azz but that all of us should join in!

I have learned much from the political discussions here in the last few months and I think it is very enriching.

Also, do not think that I, for one, do not contact Gov. officials on a regular basis to voice my opinion.

As for Rosarito Dave I do not dislike him, I enjoy his input and respect it, just do not agree with his positions. There is no hate going on here.:clapping:

O

What a lot of members on the forum don't understand is, if Obama continues to tear down America, it would cause a global effect for all nations. Just because one donates to the forum does not give a person more power over the ones who do not donate. I have learned a lot about the Vmax on this forum and now I can say I have learned a lot about political issues that is taking place in America. I would think the vendor's who avertise and support the forum are happy, if in fact more members are visiting the forum because of the political discussion. I think the post on Gun control has the largest number of viewers as any post on here other than "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR VMAX TODAY" which has been running for a few years. Let's keep the slogan here in America alive and well ......LET FREEDOM RING".....

What a lot of members on the forum don't understand is, if Obama continues to tear down America, it would cause a global effect for all nations. Just because one donates to the forum does not give a person more power over the ones who do not donate. I have learned a lot about the Vmax on this forum and now I can say I have learned a lot about political issues that is taking place in America. I would think the vendor's who avertise and support the forum are happy, if in fact more members are visiting the forum because of the political discussion. I think the post on Gun control has the largest number of viewers as any post on here other than "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR VMAX TODAY" which has been running for a few years. Let's keep the slogan here in America alive and well ......LET FREEDOM RING".....

nope. not in the top 5 of the burnout pit even.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25&daysprune=-1&order=desc&sort=views

but also thinking of the vendors, they may not want that type of publicity.

Well the post is still in its infantry, and the discussion does not reflect a vendor's view point or affiliation ,,,,,,,you have once again missed the point.

Once again? Please point me to the at least one other time I've missed things or they were above my ability to grasp. Furthermore anything said on this forum reflects on the vendors. What if a new member came here for a good parts source but the bike related discussions were bogged down in political talk? Not saying they are but if that was the case that new member may leave the forum without the fair chance to check out what we have to offer or give vendors their business. At any given time there are usually more guests than logged in members.

I believe its a valid thing to consider going forward. Or have I failed to "once again" grasp your concepts?

Not to ruffle anyones feathers but the reason that there is so much political dialog now is because there is a need for it. Prior to Sandy Hook, prior to Obama's recent election, prior to an administration that is flaunting it's disregard of the constitution at nearly every turn, the talk here was of chicks on bikes, jokes, new mods, etc...

Since that time these topics have taken a back seat as peoples eyes have been opened as to what is actually going on with this country. I see this same phenomenon in many forums I belong to and over a wide range of topics.

Sure, I would imagine that some might grow weary of it, however we are not talking about the fact that Carrozzeria has stopped production of the Vmax rims or someone has a steering wobble. We are talking about what is essentially our entire nation having a steering wobble. Failure of our citizens to address this problem head on will have much more dire consequences than some political threads in the Burn out Pit. This country is facing an assault on the foundation on which it stands. It is about the relentless pursuit to strip the citizens of this country of their rights, recognized by the Constitution, not privileges bestowed by it. It is about an administration that is corrupt and deceitful with an agenda to plunge America into a form of government that holds power above it's citizens not being granted power by it's citizens.

If this type of discussion bothers you, then please don't read these posts.

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson

Good discussion going on here guys.

This forum, in my mind, isn't the mods or some 'higher ups' forum. Its our forum, we all contribute, put our knowledge, ask our questions and recommend things for the forum, so I value everyones opinion on it, and just as importantly this topic.

I would NEVER. I repeat NEVER delete a discussion unless the OP requests so, or it becomes incredibly derogatory (has never happened here). So I don't see anyone deleting threads.

This was just a poll to see if the amount of discussions were impacting people visiting, contributing or potentially turning away members. I've had a few people comment on the amount of political talk and it was tough to gauge if they were in the minority, majority or what have you. I want to let the poll run for a few days, then discuss it with the other mods and go from there. I don't see any real changes happening to our beloved forum, i just more wanted a handle on things.

thanks guys!

I think you had intensions when starting this poll with this statement
" I want to let the poll run for a few days, then discuss it with the other mods and go from there."

there certainly is. more than any other poll in recent history.

the anonymity of it helps i think.

The Political talk post may not be in the top 5, but as you stated in the above quote, there is a lot of intrest in the poll. Some for and some against. I never said you could not grasp my concepts and if a new member comes here and gets bogged down in a political post, its because he has intrest in the post and knows how to navigate away from it. You have close to 12,000 post and I have seen a few that you have missed the point on but I am not going thru almost 12,000 post to prove it. And for the American members and other members of other countries intrested in America, I say again "LET FREEDOM RING".........

I think you had intensions when starting this poll with this statement
" I want to let the poll run for a few days, then discuss it with the other mods and go from there."

what were my intentions? I get messages, PMs and emails saying its too much from some people, so to start a poll to gauge true feelings?

The Political talk post may not be in the top 5, but as you stated in the above quote, there is a lot of intrest in the poll. Some for and some against. I never said you could not grasp my concepts and if a new member comes here and gets bogged down in a political post, its because he has intrest in the post and knows how to navigate away from it. You have close to 12,000 post and I have seen a few that you have missed the point on but I am not going thru almost 12,000 post to prove it. And for the Americam members and other members of other countries intrested in America, I say again "LET FREEDOM RING".........

But if a new member or worse an existing member feels the overall feeling here is that of one view or another, and decides to not give business to the vendors/members here because of that as it appears those vendors support those beliefs, i don't believe that's right. If those vendors come out and take a stance, well thats on them.

Your once again comment insinuated there is an outstanding and ongoing inability of mine to grasp something. I was just curious what that was.

nope. not in the top 5 of the burnout pit even.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25&daysprune=-1&order=desc&sort=views

but also thinking of the vendors, they may not want that type of publicity.

Being a forum vendor, and speaking only for myself, I have no problem with political discussions, and frequently join in. I think it is a good thing that VMax owners are intelligent and concerned enough with our political situation and position in the world to air their opinions, from all sides. (Note I said all, not just both, sides.)

If the views I express ever dissuade anyone from doing business with me, that is on them, politics should never affect business transactions or friendship.

Maybe make a new forum for political talk? Seems like that would make everyone happy. Have it be like the burnout pit so "guests" can't view it. People that aren't interested in discussing it just don't click on it. As Garrett said, there's usually several times more guests on the forum than registered members.

Really kind of hurts the "vibe" of this place, which has always been very friendly, respectful, and helpful. If it can't be discussed like adults then take it over to iVillage, the Fox News comments section, or one of the other internet cesspools.

Maybe make a new forum for political talk? Seems like that would make everyone happy. Have it be like the burnout pit so "guests" can't view it. People that aren't interested in discussing it just don't click on it.

Isn't this what were doing here. All these threads are in the burnout pit. Is the burnout pit accessible to guests? :ummm:. Then take it further. Some people are offended/ put off by naked girls, dirty jokes, religious talk, whatever. All these topics are channeled into the burnout pit. I always thought that was its purpose.
If your not interested, don't click it.

Save your naked girl comments :eusa_dance:

"Burn out pit, anything goes forum, NSFW should go here"

Maybe I'm strange...lol...but I like the naked girls and not put off by them in the slightest :rofl_200:

I will say one thing, with people being honest with their thoughts about things, Ive met quite a few people that I would honestly want to sit down and go have a beer with, and even if I dont happen to agree with then politically...I still think that they are stand up people for voicing an opinion that they believe in. You can still get along with people even if you dont agree all of the time.

Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back