VBoost working or not??????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJimi

Reaction score
After reading a bunch of threads on this site I got to wondering if my VBoost was working correctly or not:ummm:
For starters I have installed a VBoost switch to bring it on a 3000rpm vs 6000rpm, well when I rode the bike it really didn't feel any different no matter which way I had the switch:ummm:
So today I opened the bike service manual up and found that the cable adjustment was off, I set the proper adjustment as per my manual. Then I put the bike back together and started her up, after a warm up I checked the switch operation:angry flame: now I'm pissed off the controller has less the 500 miles on it and it doesn't work:bang head::ummm:
I start checking the wiring and find the wires from the kit were not crimped properly, they came apart from the connectors with no effort at all, repaired their mistake:angry flame:, I rechecked and found it still only opens after 6000rpm either way I had the switch:bang head::ummm:
I had a new switch I never used from my Busa, I replaced the switch and BAM it works at 3000 or 6000rpms through the switch:th_image003:

Now if the weather holds out maybe I can see how the VBoost is supposed to work:punk:

As for the Vendor, they need to check their parts they sell better:red ass::looser:

And yes I emailed them about the crappy wiring and no response:biglaugh:

Well I took her out for a ride and the Vboost works as it should now, Good job me!!!

Back