What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got done wet sanding and polishing my rear wheel took it off to replace the rotor and install new pads so I figured now would be a good time, After I got done I realized hey the center hub on a 94 max is gold ! go figure, just got it last September so I haven't really had a lot of time with it. Installed new rear shocks also. Can't wait to start riding !

Got up early and mowed mine & brother inlaw lawn, then installed SS braided throttle cables on the Max that I got from Sean, & now I'm chilling watching the Fun N Sun Air Show in Lakeland @ the YMCA pool with the family before I fly off to. Boston.

Polished my engine guards, sissy bar, and wind screen frame. Then I was looking at my scoops where the previous owner apparently spilled brake fluid down one of them leaving a run that was down to the metal. I said to myself....self, I remember reading a thread on here about how to polish the scoops. So I went to town on one of them. I got one of them done in about 3 hours with a sore right arm and slick fingers from sanding my fingerprints off and my face and hands were black from polishing. Side by side comparison to the original scoop is amazing and I am happy with the results. I still feel like they should be even more shiny thought. I reckon down the road Im gonna have to get them chromed. Probably gonna tackle the other one on Monday. :th_drink:

I like the looks of the polished scoops not being perfect is like real hotrodish . I may chrome one day to once I figure out what direction I wanna go and how far I wanna go.

It definately shines in the sun. When it hits off the top its almost blinding. Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last night I put drag bars on my Max, I'm pretty sure the last owner put a riser on it because it doesn't bump the tank cover and fits amazingly. Also I put new grips and bar ends on to match my barracuda ducati mirrors.
This morning I rode out to watch some classic bike races with several friends that all ride ducati bikes and the classic bike guys all wanted to check out the Max over the three custom S2R1000's and the ST2 I was with, which made me pretty happy.

Attachments

• tmp_IMG_20140405_1551391162101019.jpg
    tmp_IMG_20140405_1551391162101019.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 39
Polished my engine guards, sissy bar, and wind screen frame. Then I was looking at my scoops where the previous owner apparently spilled brake fluid down one of them leaving a run that was down to the metal. I said to myself....self, I remember reading a thread on here about how to polish the scoops. So I went to town on one of them. I got one of them done in about 3 hours with a sore right arm and slick fingers from sanding my fingerprints off and my face and hands were black from polishing. Side by side comparison to the original scoop is amazing and I am happy with the results. I still feel like they should be even more shiny thought. I reckon down the road Im gonna have to get them chromed. Probably gonna tackle the other one on Monday. :th_drink:

would love to see a pic been thinking about doing the same, just wonder what it looks like when done?

Install new Shinko rear tire 170/80 15, Took me all together about 45min to remove the old tire and install the new tire and balance it...

Tire fits good still room on the inside of the swing arm, washer did not have to move to the drive side... I have the front tire 120/90 15 but have not install it yet.

I put about 75 miles on the tire, seem to stick very good. I wish this tire was on the bike last year when I was at the track to see what times it would run.

So far I'm very please with it. I was going to do the extended swing brace for a 180 tire... after seeing how this looks and ride may keep it the way it is...

Wife likes the look with this tire on the bike...

Attachments

• IMG_20140405_135803.jpg
    IMG_20140405_135803.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20140405_142424.jpg
    IMG_20140405_142424.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20140405_143017.jpg
    IMG_20140405_143017.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20140405_172728.jpg
    IMG_20140405_172728.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 39
I polished mine for a few years then bought some black chrome ones from Sean 2 years ago, I'm not going back to polishing! You can get some pretty good results hand polishing if your willing to put in the work, and work it is!

Fired up for the first time to start tuning for the season! Hit a snag though, most of my afr screws need to go past 3 turns before theres any change in how the motor runs. I have 150 mains in with a full exhaust and essentially a morleys muscle kit, 170 paj2 and the needles are on the third clip from blunt... should i increase the paj2 a few sizes or look elsewhere? Elevation is around 700ft as well.

would love to see a pic been thinking about doing the same, just wonder what it looks like when done?

It's definitely not mirror image quality but it looks pretty good in my opinion. One rainy day I might work on it some more.

ry%3D400

I washed, waxed and detailed her up for the season. Took her for a run and she ran like a bat outta hell with the new Morley Jetkit setup.

picture.php

Finally had nice enough weather to get out today. Felt awesome to twist the wrist again:punk:

Attachments

• IMG_240412326392536.jpg
    IMG_240412326392536.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_240181733985309.jpg
    IMG_240181733985309.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 31
Last night I put drag bars on my Max, I'm pretty sure the last owner put a riser on it because it doesn't bump the tank cover and fits amazingly. Also I put new grips and bar ends on to match my barracuda ducati mirrors.
This morning I rode out to watch some classic bike races with several friends that all ride ducati bikes and the classic bike guys all wanted to check out the Max over the three custom S2R1000's and the ST2 I was with, which made me pretty happy.

Thats the stock riser setup in the pic you attached. Those look like they are fairly wide dragbars? What is the width on them?

I washed, waxed and detailed her up for the season. Took her for a run and she ran like a bat outta hell with the new Morley Jetkit setup.

picture.php
Nice, I know that's a lot of work I just stripped wet sanded and polished my back rest, did you do all that by hand?

picture.php

oops, I guess I should read before I post, you did do that by hand LOL anyway looks sweet, when my elbow recovers from polishing my backrest maybe i'll try to polish mine !

Latest posts

Back