What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never liked the unfinished look of the exposed upper radiator hose, especially against the clean scoop, sooo stainless to the rescue!

Notice the L.E.D marker lights and new radiator and chin scoop screen, not too bad.

Attachments

• IMAG0096.jpg
    IMAG0096.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG0079.jpg
    IMAG0079.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 69
oops, I guess I should read before I post, you did do that by hand LOL anyway looks sweet, when my elbow recovers from polishing my backrest maybe i'll try to polish mine !

My scoops, side covers, carb covers and backrest are all chromed. Too much work to polish. My wheels were polished out last year and I just cleaned them up and threw some wax over them to keep the oxidation out.

I never liked the unfinished look of the exposed upper radiator hose, especially against the clean scoop, sooo stainless to the rescue!

Notice the L.E.D marker lights and new radiator and chin scoop screen, not too bad.

Looks good! :clapping:

Will that key fob beat the finish off your scoop? :confused2:

ended up fireing up the bike after sitting since sept.....sweet to hear the crackle of the kerker again. so right off the bat cant leave well enough alone......change the needles to a different style and gonna go riding today see how she goes....oh yaaaa lol

New Shinko 230 170/80-15 rear tire. Huge improvement in grip over the previous Dunlop 150/90-15. No noticeable difference in cornering.

Got my new start button from fedex 20 mins before I had to leave for work, ran out to the garage and plugged it in, and It worked ! YEAH ! now I just have to button everything back up and I'll be ready to ride this weekend, can't wait !

Got my new start button from fedex 20 mins before I had to leave for work, ran out to the garage and plugged it in, and It worked ! YEAH ! now I just have to button everything back up and I'll be ready to ride this weekend, can't wait !
You have to Love that. :D

Just picked up the bike today. Happy with the heavier oil in the forks. The bike has less dive now, and feels like it is better planted over bumps.

Why do they put too light oil in bikes at the factory?

Just picked up the bike today. Happy with the heavier oil in the forks. The bike has less dive now, and feels like it is better planted over bumps.

Why do they put too light oil in bikes at the factory?
I see you have an '03, let's hope the fork oil has been changed at least a couple time in 11 years.:biglaugh: I am running 5wt oil but only because I'm also running Ricor Intiminators since their valving is setup for it. They work great.

Looked at a bunch of parts I got from Sean Morely. Prepared to send him another grand. Looked forward to riding a reliable 1986 VMax next year.

Things like that help you remember what its like to be a kid at Christmas :punk:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I received my new fork top caps today and finished installing my progressive fork springs with the 1" lowering kit. I also put the 11.5" rear progressives shocks on. Replaced steering head bearings and front wheel bearings while I had it apart. I love the lowered look and feel.

Added the water pump cover and the see-thur cover on left side rear. Chrome cam covers and the brake rotor chrome cover and well as the swingarm covers

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Back