What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back inside from doing a couple of 2nd gear rolling burnouts in front of the house !!! he** Friggin YEAH !!!! Neighbors prolly hate me but oh well !! LOL I had to see if the new fluids I put in her were working good !

Got the Cybermax headlight fitted on the bike and just mounted up my new to me MRA Racing windshield. It made for a Kawasaki Z1000, so I had to modify it to fit on the Vmax.

I installed the brackets from my Memphis Shade Hellcat windshield. Now I am able to use the same brackets for either the Memphis Shade or the MRA, just by unbolting the four winshield mounting bolts.

This way I have the big windshield for touring and the small one for daily riding.

Also ordered HID projector headlights for the Cybermax. They come with red devils eye and halos.

Mike

Attachments

• 100_2729.jpg
    100_2729.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_2730.jpg
    100_2730.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 47
  • HID.jpg
    HID.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 33
Removed all the resistors I previously installed on my led turn signals and installed the custom dynamics relay, then did the diode mod to my gauge cluster, and swapped my back rest for the powder coated grab bar Sean sent me so I can mail the back rest and a fat check tomorrow for more awesome parts to come. Tomorrow I'll probably beat my head against the wall putting in the cops system and try to finish the mold for my stubby fender.

Added the water pump cover and the see-thur cover on left side rear. Chrome cam covers and the brake rotor chrome cover and well as the swingarm covers

Nice lookin gen2!

I've been working on doing a carb cleanup. Just a little at a time. Carb #1 hard parts were pulled out of the can o carb dip and #2 parts were dumped in. I cleaned up both bodies and some misc brackets.

View attachment 42415

Got my bar end signals on and the big lollipops off. Front looks a lot better now. Taking my daughter to school on it this morning.

Sean

Nice looking bike, love the father daughter time, I remember when my daughter was 5 or six I would try to put her on my XS 1100 and she would cry :( now she's 14 and loves riding with me now :) nice

Nice looking bike, love the father daughter time, I remember when my daughter was 5 or six I would try to put her on my XS 1100 and she would cry :( now she's 14 and loves riding with me now :) nice

My 6 yr old girl runs outside whenever I take the bike out of the building. She has loved my bikes since my Ninja 500 4 years ago.

So I finally got the chance to take my max to the track and start learning how to race. I've raced cars in the past but a bike is something totally different. I was able to only run 4 times since we had a rain shower prior to the opening of the track. My best 1/4 mile time was 12.5 @ 108 with a 60 ft time of 2.03. I wasn't wanting to get everything out of it so I set my shift light at 9000rpm and launched at 3000. I think next time I'm going to up my launch rpms and work on my 60 ft times. However, I was happy that I won 3 of my 4 races against a Harley vRod nightster, muscle and a standard vRod. I raced the muscle twice and he was the one that beat me the second time. I needed to leave early because all the vRods were lining up to race me and wouldn't let me rest. I guess it had something to do with the fact that the competition was sponsored by Harley and those vRods were their ringers! :eusa_dance: all in all I felt like I was 18 again, it was great.

So I finally got the chance to take my max to the track and start learning how to race. I've raced cars in the past but a bike is something totally different. I was able to only run 4 times since we had a rain shower prior to the opening of the track. My best 1/4 mile time was 12.5 @ 108 with a 60 ft time of 2.03. I wasn't wanting to get everything out of it so I set my shift light at 9000rpm and launched at 3000. I think next time I'm going to up my launch rpms and work on my 60 ft times. However, I was happy that I won 3 of my 4 races against a Harley vRod nightster, muscle and a standard vRod. I raced the muscle twice and he was the one that beat me the second time. I needed to leave early because all the vRods were lining up to race me and wouldn't let me rest. I guess it had something to do with the fact that the competition was sponsored by Harley and those vRods were their ringers! :eusa_dance: all in all I felt like I was 18 again, it was great.

A little more pratice, and none of those vrods will beat you. Racing is a blast:punk:

Change the fork oil from 20w to 50w cam 2 oil front was to soft for me I have progressive spring install and no air in the forks now. Took the bike out for quick ride I like this much better. Clean her up this morning. Going out for another ride to eat and run up to Baltimore.

After changing the oil and filter, I drained and filled both the clutch and brake master cylinders. I rode all day yesterday and then spent the late afternoon with the family...

A late season teardown of the exhaust of a quick polish, the recoating that Bill Kratzenberg had done earlier this year is looking good right about now. I hope there are some exciting hockey games on the next few nights to make the time go faster.
I'm also working on replacing the stock R/R with a mofset unit, trying to figure where to mount it, clean up/ eliminate connections to end up with a healthy and reliable charging system.
I'm still looking at about 2' of snow on the ground and plenty of sand/ salt mixture on the road but the need to ride fever is really heating up!

Looks like my Max will be sucking up some more money this year. Rode with a bunch of sport bikes yesterday. Noticed it slipping when in 5th gear getting it going down road. Thought that earlier the tire might have been slipping in the lower gears as it was starting to lift the front end also. I had done the UFO 4-1 drag and solid engine mounts earlier this year. Next is to save up for the Barnett Clutch and plates. Looks like I might be getting that clear cover I always wanted to go with...lol. Hopefully my starter clutch lasts this year. My 24 year old bike and having about 57,000 miles are catching up to my bike....Mike have a buddy make me some forward controls next winter if he has time.

not a goddamn thing. It just sits there waiting for parts and special tools. I hope my garage burns down.

found a heat spot on my rotor, under 5mph felt like the thing was going over train ties. i blame BOM88 for the rotor swap, i should know better than to trust him :rofl_200:

anyways luckily had a spare, road test tomorrow. then back for sale.

Latest posts

Back