What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never liked the unfinished look of the exposed upper radiator hose, especially against the clean scoop, sooo stainless to the rescue!

Notice the L.E.D marker lights and new radiator and chin scoop screen, not too bad.
Looks great! A couple of nice detail mods!:punk:
What size was the fitting for the upper radiator hose?

Got home from work early. Cleaned up some junk in the garage. Looked at the 2 heaping piles of tractors my father in law dropped off. One has the engine completely apart sitting in a 5 gallon bucket half filled with water.

Got enough room on the bench to continue with a carb cleanin'. Pulled some brass out of the carb dip. Cleaned the dip off and layed it out to dry. Started looking at the carbs and decided I better check my stock of stainless. Placed an order for some stuff.

Then I was looking at the diaphragm covers and noticed some scratches and peeling clearcoat. Figured I would strip 'em and start polishing. I always forget how much I HATE to polish aluminum until I start a new project.

Is A.D.D. contagious? My wife has it real bad. I think its rubbing off on me cause I wasn't able to accomplish anything. I just ran around doing all sorts of different crap.

No work on the Max again done some errands this morning & then Changed the starter clutch on a Vstar 1100 & cleaned some carbs on a Kawasaki ZR - 7 have to get up in the morning & put the carbs back on the ZR 7 & put a new front tire on it and a few other Mic things & then move to the next project.

Last edited:
Added my new LED taillight today. Turned out great.
2.jpg

Took it out for the first ride of the year. I got off work a little early and just did a 20 mile run and topped it off with fresh fuel before heading out to Grandma's for our yearly Good Friday dinner.

I was making a right hand turn and noticed the idiot light didn't illuminate. Hit the left turn and the light works just fine. When I stopped for gas I saw that even though the idiot light isn't working correctly, the signals are.

I installed some diodes in the back of the cluster to make the LEDs work around 5 years ago. I'm wondering if a connection broke or diode fried. Guess I need to check that out

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Yesterday I installed the cops kit on my Max, got mad at the front coils for having stupid soft metal Phillips head screws instead of tempered hex head and decided to leave them in rather than start drilling them out, and after a badass phone call to Sean and a few texts I discovered that a previous owner had "installed" a really questionable homemade t-boost without a switch so I took it off and returned it to stock, hopefully that gets me some better fuel economy because I was only getting 70+/- from full tank to gas light which wasn't making me very happy.

Yesterday I installed the cops kit on my Max, got mad at the front coils for having stupid soft metal Phillips head screws instead of tempered hex head and decided to leave them in rather than start drilling them out, and after a badass phone call to Sean and a few texts I discovered that a previous owner had "installed" a really questionable homemade t-boost without a switch so I took it off and returned it to stock, hopefully that gets me some better fuel economy because I was only getting 70+/- from full tank to gas light which wasn't making me very happy.

One thing that will help are JIS screw drivers. They are built for metric bikes, and have more bite to them. I started stripping a coil screw (with a phillips) and got it out with a JIS screw driver.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380600292650?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Got carb jets (didnt have a full set of any of the sizes i needed, lol), some exhaust gaskets and ill be able to put em on if i can get my damn truck fixed tonight!

$99 is steep for a screwdriver set. Just get yourself an impact driver from harbor freight or your closest tool store and your worries will be over. I do come across a screw I can't reach with my current impact driver but it has saved me many a headache over the years.

$99 is steep for a screwdriver set. Just get yourself an impact driver from harbor freight or your closest tool store and your worries will be over. I do come across a screw I can't reach with my current impact driver but it has saved me many a headache over the years.

Picked up the harbor freight one myself recently, it works great and was $10 with a 20% of coupon I think.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Changed my stock front brake lines to ss braided cables, added a chrome clutch cover, chrome engine covers, chrome Vmax stamped screw insets, new speedo, and a new seat (no more taking my seat off at the gas station!!).

As most of you know I'm not the greatest when it comes to working on my bike so a big thanks to the Captain for doing all the hard stuff above!

Changed my stock front brake lines to ss braided cables, added a chrome clutch cover, chrome engine covers, chrome Vmax stamped screw insets, new speedo, and a new seat (no more taking my seat off at the gas station!!).

As most of you know I'm not the greatest when it comes to working on my bike so a big thanks to the Captain for doing all the hard stuff above!

Thanks tex ! I would have went to lunch witn yall if I would have talked to christine before you left

Last edited:
Picked up the harbor freight one myself recently, it works great and was $10 with a 20% of coupon I think.

They were on sale at my local harbor freight for $8 and it worked on the rear coils, but it won't reach any of the front coil screws

I change the fork oil few days to 50w cam 2 oil just to see how it would ride.
I went out yesterday riding with few guys some had sport bikes we was out on the back roads. Man I was able to hang with them and drag my foot pegs.
Wow it was fun riding with them. Now on big bumps you feel it. Small no bumps no problem... But to day change back to 15w and add 5psi air.

I pick up some carbon rap off amazon.com and rap my handle bar mount and to match my gauges I will do the front later on and the 2 side black plastic covers...

Attachments

• IMG_20140420_080233.jpg
    IMG_20140420_080233.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20140420_075930.jpg
    IMG_20140420_075930.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts

Back