What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wipe the bike this morning man she got rain on. Install few more allen screws on the bike. My rear brake caliper 1 of the brake pads holder pens was missing so I pulled the other out and install 5m x 55m allen bolts with a white hard pushing to make easy on removing the nylon lock nut on the other side. I used this in pass. The funny thing the pen clip was stuck in the caliper.

Bolts replace long bolt in the front lift fork and allen screws in the fork tube where to drain the oil.

Just about change all the small bolts on the bike.

Attachments

• P1050798.jpg
    P1050798.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 36
  • P1050793.jpg
    P1050793.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 35
  • P1050797.jpg
    P1050797.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 35
Delivered at 0202, happy healthy baby girl. 6lbs 10 ounces, 19.042 inches. Went crazy fast, can't believe I'm now a Dad.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Happy new baby Pops

I would urge caution on replacing the stock pins w/plastic, in either the pin-keepers/pads or the nylock nut. Brake components can get very-hot, maybe enough to melt the nylon thread-locker insert, or your nylon spacers. If you needed-to you could replace the stock hitch pin w/stainless-steel cotter pins.

Wipe the bike this morning man she got rain on. Install few more allen screws on the bike. My rear brake caliper 1 of the brake pads holder pens was missing so I pulled the other out and install 5m x 55m allen bolts with a white hard pushing to make easy on removing the nylon lock nut on the other side. I used this in pass. The funny thing the pen clip was stuck in the caliper.

Bolts replace long bolt in the front lift fork and allen screws in the fork tube where to drain the oil.

Just about change all the small bolts on the bike.

I would urge caution on replacing the stock pins w/plastic, in either the pin-keepers/pads or the nylock nut. Brake components can get very-hot, maybe enough to melt the nylon thread-locker insert, or your nylon spacers. If you needed-to you could replace the stock hitch pin w/stainless-steel cotter pins.

Thanks for the info, 1 of the pens fell out when I was out riding. I install the 5m screws through the caliper had this happen few times before. The same setup is on my kz1000 been on the bike for a few years. I no the caliper can get hot but not enough to soften up the bushing it acts like a lock washing also for me. The lock nut is not touching caliper.

On the kz1000 I change the brakes last month bushing lock was ok as has been the last few times I change the brakes.

I think it's been about 6 years on the kz1000.

I never lost a screw on this bike again.

Thanks for looking out. I'm happy with the setup.

This me mind you - so other vmaxer's I would not recommend.

Attachments

• P1050802.jpg
    P1050802.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I took my Max on a 150 mile ride today to check everything out properly since I rebuilt the carbs and changed the exhaust. Wow, it runs so beautifully now, I'm so happy with it. It runs like a new bike, sounds better, looks better, and handles better , at least in my eyes.What more could I want? Besides the list of additional bikes always in the back of my head.

I took a longer ride than normal for a week night (~170 miles) and I think Redbone liked it! She kept winking at me with that one light up by the speedometer!:punk:

Last edited:
Delivered at 0202, happy healthy baby girl. 6lbs 10 ounces, 19.042 inches. Went crazy fast, can't believe I'm now a Dad.

Awesome. Welcome to fatherhood. I have Aiden (20) AJ (14) Amber (5) and Ashton (3 months). And no thats not a typo and yes all with same awesome woman. I love it. Keeps you young at heart and you can buy toys and no one looks at you funny lol.

Wow WVxNitemare, that is quite the spread! I have a few friends in similar situations and admire them. In hoping for one and done personally but my wife will certainly want at least one more (been talking her down from 4).

Lots of lost sleep already but I have formed a bond with her that I could not have expected. Every minute of sleep is worth it :)

Wow WVxNitemare, that is quite the spread! I have a few friends in similar situations and admire them. In hoping for one and done personally but my wife will certainly want at least one more (been talking her down from 4).

Lots of lost sleep already but I have formed a bond with her that I could not have expected. Every minute of sleep is worth it :)

One word of advice. Dont tiptoe around.. keep same noise level in the house she will adjust.

I have heard that many times and encouraged visiting family to be their normal noisy selves. Anything to help her sleep better in the future is worth it!

Installed chrome PCV cover that I got from Sean Morley

Attachments

• 20140809_093450.jpg
    20140809_093450.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20140809_093455.jpg
    20140809_093455.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 20140809_105141.jpg
    20140809_105141.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 20140809_103926.jpg
    20140809_103926.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 59
Scuff brought his Max down today, we'll be doing his clutch along with the PCW spring, updated shift segment and the oil pump mod/upgrade, if everything goes as planned a nice lakeshore ride later!..............:biglaugh:.............Tom.

Did some measurements today. Looks like clip on bars will fit my needs perfectly, as well as create no interference with any frame pieces. I will just have to move the windshield forward maybe 3 inches. That would be a good reason to mount a VTX headlight assembly. (or an aftermarket unit of sufficent length.)

Installed new clutch PCW spring, shift segment and HD oiling kit all with help from my friend Tom, went for a test ride and ALMOST got pulled over, big thanks to the cop who just flashed his lights at us and didn't pull us over !! We were definitely having a little too much fun !! :biglaugh:

^ Damn Michigan Hooligans, always starting trouble. :biglaugh: :eusa_dance: :clapping:
I'm just jealous that I'm not able to get out and start some myself.
But next season I'll definitely be back out tearing up the roads again too. :punk:

Back