What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re-installed the left side supertrapp on my Max and started sanding the other one.

Attachments

• Supertrapp-Left-Side-Repaired-Installed-1.jpg
    Supertrapp-Left-Side-Repaired-Installed-1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Supertrapp-Left-Side-Repaired-Installed-2.jpg
    Supertrapp-Left-Side-Repaired-Installed-2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Supertrapp-Left-Side-Repaired-Installed-3.jpg
    Supertrapp-Left-Side-Repaired-Installed-3.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 37
I retapped my left side swingarm mounting threads so I can finally put this thing back together. It took me all of three minutes to fix. I know I'll never mess that up again.

If anyone needs an M22x1.5 tap because you screwed up your frame, PM me. This tool will now be a community tool. You pay shipping to return it to me and it's yours if you need it.

If anyone needs an M22x1.5 tap because you screwed up your frame, PM me. This tool will now be a community tool. You pay shipping to return it to me and it's yours if you need it.

That is one of the things that I love about this community. :clapping:

I'm gonna have to hang on to it for a while because it's a tool and I gotta fiddle with it. It seems quite well made, and is certainly sharp enough to fix what I broke. It even came in it's own little plastic case.

Well got into the carbs because at full throttle bike just wasnt pulling. At part throttle, all the way up to 3/4 throttle, the bike ran great. I did a shot gun on it....and no change. Figured that I might have sucked some trash into the jets..(although fuel filter is pretty clean).

First carb that I came to....to the jet out....looked pretty clean. Here is a pic of the 2nd carb...can anyone spot the problem?

I'm checking the other ones just to be on the safe side.

AND !!!! Its 102 right now......

Attachments

• IMAG0875.jpg
    IMAG0875.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 46
I hope your conn rod big end nuts are tighter than your main jets are!:biglaugh:

What did I do today...
Well, the blast to somewhere near 75 in 2nd gear on College Ave was probably not the smartest thing I could have done, that point being driven home when I looked in the mirror and saw a blue car behind me with some seriously bright lights...

It was a Kia and not a cop, Thank God lol.

Could have been a "Do Not Pass Go! Do Not Collect $200!" moment.

While I was having Creative Sounds install the new radio in my truck, (which cost less than doin the job myself, as well as saved me time and aggravtion) the guy helped me figure out the best way to install a radio on my bike. SWEET!!! Now, I just gotta figure out how I shall relocate the tach and other instrumentation/indicator lights to make room for the MOOSICKS!!!

All in all, it has been a good day for me.

Well got into the carbs because at full throttle bike just wasnt pulling. At part throttle, all the way up to 3/4 throttle, the bike ran great. I did a shot gun on it....and no change. Figured that I might have sucked some trash into the jets..(although fuel filter is pretty clean).

First carb that I came to....to the jet out....looked pretty clean. Here is a pic of the 2nd carb...can anyone spot the problem?

I'm checking the other ones just to be on the safe side.

AND !!!! Its 102 right now......
your titanium carb chain is missing??? :biglaugh:

Played with a few motor covers today. Tripping paint the easy way - Klean trip Aircraft paint tripper. I let the parts soak over night about 12 to 14 hours. And just wash them. They came out real good. And then repainted the covers.
Order a new stator and another r/r of ebay $36.00 shipping from over seas.
I bought 3 all check out good and new.

Attachments

• vmax paint remove 1.jpg
    vmax paint remove 1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 40
  • vmax paint remove 2.jpg
    vmax paint remove 2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 42
  • vmax paint remove 3.jpg
    vmax paint remove 3.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 43
  • vmax paint remove 4.jpg
    vmax paint remove 4.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 39
  • P1050424.jpg
    P1050424.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 41
  • vmax paint.JPG
    vmax paint.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 51
Parts back on the bike. Install new stator, install some more bolts. I buy a lot of my bolts from here. Just about all the bolts you need for your vmax - http://www.albanycountyfasteners.com

Attachments

• P1050518.jpg
    P1050518.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 27
  • P1050526.jpg
    P1050526.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 126
  • P1050538.jpg
    P1050538.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 27
New shoes for my bike!!!

Michelin Commander IIs

front

10570281_10202136865975123_1854018036905199646_n.jpg

and rear

10534518_10202136867335157_1728883806100611668_n.jpg

Played with a few motor covers today. Tripping paint the easy way - Klean trip Aircraft paint tripper. I let the parts soak over night about 12 to 14 hours. And just wash them. They came out real good. And then repainted the covers.
Order a new stator and another r/r of ebay $36.00 shipping from over seas.
I bought 3 all check out good and new.

James is that oil I see on your wifes patio !! :biglaugh:

James is that oil I see on your wifes patio !! :biglaugh:

Funny I'm the oil guy. I power wash the cement. But still and can tell.
I may have to start working on stuff at my house.. Man kinda along drive 35 to 38 mins away.

attachment.php

I strenuously-object to your carb cover's proclamation of the "dull nature" of a VMax! I find mine to be "quite-entertaining," perhaps even-"thrilling," when it's running, that-is.

You owe all of us an apology for categorizing our favorite two-wheel ride as a "snooze!"

We're waiting...:rofl_200:

Back