What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good job, looks plenty-bright now. What kind of from-the-side visibility does the light have?

Started modifying my ufo street pro 4-2 exhaust tonight. Putting voodoo speakeasys into the slashcut pipes and adding QUALITY packing. Heres some pics of the packing after less that a year and 1,000 miles along with current progress.

Attachments

• CAM00034.jpg
    CAM00034.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 34
  • CAM00035.jpg
    CAM00035.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 35
  • CAM00036.jpg
    CAM00036.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 38
Started modifying my ufo street pro 4-2 exhaust tonight. Putting voodoo speakeasys into the slashcut pipes and adding QUALITY packing. Heres some pics of the packing after less that a year and 1,000 miles along with current progress.
Does the speak easy mount inside the packing baffel? What kind of packing are you using to repack? I just got an older set that could probably use freshening up. It scares women and children as it is now.

Not a Damn Thing. Did make arrangements to obtain another 3 grand. In three or four weeks, I'll order some parts.

Does the speak easy mount inside the packing baffel? What kind of packing are you using to repack? I just got an older set that could probably use freshening up. It scares women and children as it is now.

Yes, the speakeasy mounts in the end of the baffle. You have to drill 2 holes for its mounting screws. Not sure what packing material im putting in. I think the local shop carrys FMFs brand of it. Whatever it is, ive used it before and found it long lasting and quite effective.

I picked up some packing from the local shop. My packing looked like new but I wanted to get rid of the high tones. The fiber glass mellowed it out a lot.

My wife took my son to soccer practice around 6 last night. My 11 year old daughter said she wanted to get out of the house. She said she would like to pick up some brownie mix and stop at a local bargain shop to look around. I said OK, lets take the bike.

She looked at me and just said, "Really??" It was a mix between scared, and excited.

I got her suited up and we went for a nice ride. I've taken here for a little cruise before but never anything this long. It took some time for her adjust to being a passenger. In the beginning, she was glued to my back. Her helmet was jammed into mine and when we came to a stop, it felt like I was doing push up with her on my back :biglaugh:

I gave her some time to settle in. By the time we were on the way home, she was using the grab handles on the side of the sissybar and I could barely tell she was back there.

My wife took my son to soccer practice around 6 last night. My 11 year old daughter said she wanted to get out of the house. She said she would like to pick up some brownie mix and stop at a local bargain shop to look around. I said OK, lets take the bike.

She looked at me and just said, "Really??" It was a mix between scared, and excited.

I got her suited up and we went for a nice ride. I've taken here for a little cruise before but never anything this long. It took some time for her adjust to being a passenger. In the beginning, she was glued to my back. Her helmet was jammed into mine and when we came to a stop, it felt like I was doing push up with her on my back :biglaugh:

I gave her some time to settle in. By the time we were on the way home, she was using the grab handles on the side of the sissybar and I could barely tell she was back there.
She sounds like my wife firet time on my bike started out oh shit to close for my comfort then she got comfy and it was nice like you said almost forgot she was back there until we hit the chesapeake bay bridge and i drove over the see thru grates HOLY SHIT DID HER CLAWS COME OUT PIECED ME IN MY SIDES . I guess you can say I learned my lesson . LOL :biglaugh:

Finished my ufo exhaust upgrade. With the voodoo speakeadys in and fiberglass packing it seems a lil quieter than yhe supertrapp slipons that i had. Not much, just a hair. If youve got a ufo slashcut exhaust n want to tame the sound a bit and get rid of the raspyness this is definately the way to go! Only really roars now when your getting it and has a very nice sound when steady cruzin at 60.

Attachments

• CAM00040.jpg
    CAM00040.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 31
Took the bike on a 2 day ride total miles 554, Went to my home town of Farmville VA, Then to Lynch-berg VA and to South Balls-ton VA, Colonial Beach VA and Back home to MD.

Ran across these old guy's sitting in the truck with some cool old music.

And few pictures of my home town.

Attachments

• IMG_20140816_133312.jpg
    IMG_20140816_133312.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20140815_142842.jpg
    IMG_20140815_142842.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20140816_082918.jpg
    IMG_20140816_082918.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 31
Re-placed the steering head bearings on the ol" Max, not sure I would recommend the dremel method of removing the lower race. Had to cut into the frame a little to get it out I think it will be fine but still not the best IMO, still have to bleed the clutch tomorrow and find some dyna beads for my new Shinko's. Work is never done !

Attachments

• v-maxright.jpg
    v-maxright.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 18
Finished my ufo exhaust upgrade. With the voodoo speakeadys in and fiberglass packing it seems a lil quieter than yhe supertrapp slipons that i had. Not much, just a hair. If youve got a ufo slashcut exhaust n want to tame the sound a bit and get rid of the raspyness this is definately the way to go! Only really roars now when your getting it and has a very nice sound when steady cruzin at 60.

Can you do a video

If you don't like the dremel method, use a stick welder to put some spots of rod onto the outer race so you can get someplace to have a punch get a 'purchase' to drive it out. Once it's out use the dremel to grind some crescent-shaped pockets 180* apart so it will be easier next time.

Re-placed the steering head bearings on the ol" Max, not sure I would recommend the dremel method of removing the lower race. Had to cut into the frame a little to get it out I think it will be fine but still not the best IMO, still have to bleed the clutch tomorrow and find some dyna beads for my new Shinko's. Work is never done !

If you don't like the dremel method, use a stick welder to put some spots of rod onto the outer race so you can get someplace to have a punch get a 'purchase' to drive it out. Once it's out use the dremel to grind some crescent-shaped pockets 180* apart so it will be easier next time.

I wish I had seen this the other day. I eventually threw in the towel and went for the Dremel tool on the bottom race. I enjoyed reading the manual saying to just "tap it out with a drift pin" implying that there was a place to tap on.

Installed Dannymax head fin cover, it looks really sharp. I dont think the pics do it any justice

Attachments

• 20140817_154947.jpg
    20140817_154947.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20140817_162558.jpg
    20140817_162558.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 21
  • 20140817_164137.jpg
    20140817_164137.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20140817_165049.jpg
    20140817_165049.jpg