What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally found a belly pan I've been looking for for 3+ years and fitted it.

Not going to say the $'s I paid cause Sharky hates me already----ok it was from a very nice guy in NY and it was $50.

Blax, your belly pan looks a lot like mine! Gel coat white when you got it? There is a guy in New York that makes them, that's who I got mine from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today, I ordered new led blinkers, a wind screen, more blue glow strips, and connectors so I can unplug them when removing the side covers, new brake pads and new rear brake light.

Attempted to fix the broken flip seat pan...will recover from a used cover from Sean...embroidery done too,,

Attachments

• KIMG0479.JPG
    KIMG0479.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 13662584_10155000717954606_699653229_o.jpg
    13662584_10155000717954606_699653229_o.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Blax, your belly pan looks a lot like mine! Gel coat white when you got it? There is a guy in New York that makes them, that's who I got mine from.

There is a tiny chip in it and it is white underneath---Of course i have to take it off and paint a "V" on it somewhere to match the rest of it.

Finally found a belly pan I've been looking for for 3+ years and fitted it.

Great deal, nice looking pan, Blax.
Seeing it kind of renewed the interest in modifying mine to once again fit the bike - I haven't used it since lowering the front 36 mm. I'm sure now that the fender would touch when braking.
I'm probably going to have to remove the top vent/trim section, and shape it similar to yours. Bummer. Also going to have to re-paint.
Mine has a lower vent slot for filter cooling, and a turning vane to direct air upwards around the pipes.
I made it originally to streamline the front end (not sure if it does) and keep nastiness off the pipes and undercarriage( sure does this!)
Cheers!

Attachments

• N.W.T. buffalo herd.jpg
    N.W.T. buffalo herd.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Touring bellypan.jpg
    Touring bellypan.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Bellypan backside.jpg
    Bellypan backside.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 35
Tore everything off my bike and repainted it a blue pearl. 4 days from start to finish.:biglaugh:

Attachments

• Blue max1.jpg
    Blue max1.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Blue max2.jpg
    Blue max2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Blue max4.jpg
    Blue max4.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 48
Great deal, nice looking pan, Blax.
Seeing it kind of renewed the interest in modifying mine to once again fit the bike - I haven't used it since lowering the front 36 mm. I'm sure now that the fender would touch when braking.
I'm probably going to have to remove the top vent/trim section, and shape it similar to yours. Bummer. Also going to have to re-paint.
Mine has a lower vent slot for filter cooling, and a turning vane to direct air upwards around the pipes.
I made it originally to streamline the front end (not sure if it does) and keep nastiness off the pipes and undercarriage( sure does this!)
Cheers!

I'll trade ya.

Gorgeous KJ, if I may that's some fast wrenchin' and painting and as always a bitchin' looking setup, eh! Thank-you for showing us what is possible!

Hmmmm......a Vmax set up for touring.....in Alaska......do ya reckon KJ might want some folks to tour with, Brian:ummm::clapping: Maybe NEXT YEAR???????

KJ you outdid yourself again. I knew it would look great but you have exceeded all of my expectations.

Thanks for all the comments on my bike. It's quite the change from what it used to be. :)
I wired up a couple hundred LED's to hide away, and for some added bike cheese I added a couple of projectors to the saddlebags. So at night (when it starts to get dark), the "Shover" symbol gets projected on the ground. :rofl_200:

Attachments

• Shover symbol.jpg
    Shover symbol.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 29
Dropped a massive skid mark with my rear tire on the pavement... Was riding down the road, nothing crazy maybe 70mph. Changed lanes (no one anywhere near me) and after changing my back tire locked up completely. Did some stylish S turns while coming to a stop over the next 300ish feet. After stopping I put the bike in neutral, wouldn't budge and I'm thinking I've locked up the engine or something crazy. My gym bag had been bungeed to my rear seat and it was gone. Sure enough I found it, wedged between the rear tire and the exhaust crossover. Some nice people pulled over and helped me move it about 4 feet to the curb then 2 minutes later a cop on his way back from the rally nonsense in downtown Columbia today stopped and helped me get it up on the curb. Love the cops around here, haven't met a bad one yet. Wife picked me up now waiting on the triple A tow truck so I can get it home.

Moral of the story make sure your gear is super secure. Two bungees are not enough!

Thank you Lord for watching over me today!

Wow, I'm glad to hear you didn't lose it. It could have been a whole-lot worse.

I like the netting bungee cords, lots of hooks, and you can really strap them down.

Years ago, I had something similar happen. Not the same cause. I was about to hop onto I-95 south of Ft. Lauderdale FL, a foggy, cool morning, and it was maybe 400 ft to the on ramp.

Suddenly my rear wheel locked up, and I was slewing L & R and was able to get it stopped, upright. It was a 4 lane rd. Luckily no one behind me was texting (it was before that was 'a thing'). I was next to the shoulder, a short distance from a car repair shop. A mechanic came out of the shop and helped me get the bike to the side of the road, entirely off the traffic lane.

Turns out the transmission bearing behind the countershaft sprocket had its outer race split completely in two, and that locked the engine. I'm lucky it didn't end up much worse for me. I'm glad you only lost your bag, and that you escaped serious injury or worse.

You just never know what the unexpected will bring. Years ago riding in a pack with one of my brothers and some friends, a basketball came bouncing out onto the road. We were doing around 30mph and the ball somehow got lodged under the frame on my brothers bike. It lifted the front end just enough that he didn't have any steering control. Luck was on his side and he managed to stay upright for about 30 feet and the ball popped. Glad you managed to keep it upright and avoid an injury to yourself and damage to your bike.

Back