What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK well I put the sissy bar on... I like to call it the SWMBO bar actually.

It's the Exectrep one that I had powder coated mat black to try to get it as close to factory as possible.

It doesn't matter who makes it or what the design is... SWMBO bars are just plain hideous and make any nice bike look like poo.:baby::barf:

I'm not overly hip on the fact that it looses the plastic cover plate behind the rear seat. I think it looks unfinished now which sucks. I wish I could design a cover plate to fit on back there... Maybe Jeff can engineer one for me??? :confused2:

Chris

A piece of shiny black plastic (I used the phenolic tag material from work) , cut to fit and simply glue in place or velcroed in place would clean that up, stuffs easy to cut and shape with a dremel tool....I did that for a while on my old setup..

OK well I put the sissy bar on... I like to call it the SWMBO bar actually.

It's the Exectrep one that I had powder coated mat black to try to get it as close to factory as possible.

It doesn't matter who makes it or what the design is... SWMBO bars are just plain hideous and make any nice bike look like poo.:baby::barf:

I'm not overly hip on the fact that it looses the plastic cover plate behind the rear seat. I think it looks unfinished now which sucks. I wish I could design a cover plate to fit on back there... Maybe Jeff can engineer one for me??? :confused2:

Chris

A piece of shiny black plastic (I used the phenolic tag material from work, like the stuff they use to make name signs for office doors) , cut to fit and simply glue in place or velcroed in place would clean that up, stuffs easy to cut and shape with a dremel tool....I did that for a while on my old setup..

We even have the machine at work if you want me to make one up saying "I'm Gay" or "Garage queen" before sending you some.....:rofl_200:

Pulled the carbs and stripped them down.
Bought an ultrasonic cleaner to clean up the all the carb parts.
15 minutes in the ultrasonic bath and everything is clean as a whistle.

Switched back to VMAX final drive from Venture. Seems about 20 mph slower at the same RPM with Max vs venture rear. Also changed out the fork bottoms to true radial bottoms (did'nt like the look of the adaptors). Big pain in the neck to do (already got the evil spousal eye for spending the past few days trying to get it to work) but now it's over

After a 450 mile trip with my wife on the back and the intercom not working well, I mounted a windshield. It's on top of the little Yamaha flyscreen and just under my line of sight.
Much quieter and the trublence is now just above the helmet faceshield. It looks cobbled together though and won't be on there for long. Think I'll just get a taller screen from the came company(National Cycle)
Lew

G/F and I took the max on a 130 mile round trip last night and it all went VERY well. Bike still isn't running quite right but the top end rush is AMAZING!:eusa_dance:

It took Susan about 30 minutes to figure out that she could just lean back and enjoy the ride. The road was a bit bumpy (frost heaves) so our asses took a beating.

All in all a great ride with a great girl and a great bike.

Chris

Drained and flushed the cooling system and added fresh coolant. Also ordered a set of velocity stacks from Exactrep which I am really looking forward to installing on my '99. :clapping:

dan

put more fuel in it ( ?18.15) ffs when i got it it was only ?15.75 that was in december last year

wow thats cheap well i think i know what the problem most of the fuel comes from scotland we refine it and then ship it overseas ,, then we need to pay more taxes to get it back in to the country crazy or what

Ordered a sissy bar from John Furbur. Satin black powder coat with smooth black pad. John was hard to get a hold of on the phone but once we hooked up he was great to deal with. :thumbs up: Hate to put it on but the wife really wants it. Got up to 110 with her on the back the other day. I was expecting a kidney punch for that. Instead she was scared stiff, not much reaction till I slowed down. Purchase and installed new shift lever last night, put it on the bike, and brought the old one to work today. Did a little work to it with the bench gridnder, files, etc. in attempt to shave down the back side that is close to the footrest mount. Also took some heat to it and bent the end up a bit. All this so my boots will fit in there. Don't like riding around having my left toes dragging through the turns. Tried to adjust the lever up but once I got enough room it was bottoming out up againt the footrest mount. We'll see later this week if it works or is destined for the scrap pile.

Put on new front tire week before last (the old one was waaaaaaay shot from hard braking entering corners:biglaugh:). Ordering new rear tire today and a Harlan shift light. Got the light cause a friend who owns a Max and just sold a Busa rode it and said, in front of my wife, that it was a necessity cause, in his words, "This thing reaches red line too f'ing fast!!!". Thank goodness for friends:punk:

Put on new front tire week before last (the old one was waaaaaaay shot from hard braking entering corners:biglaugh:). Ordering new rear tire today and a Harlan shift light. Got the light cause a friend who owns a Max and just sold a Busa rode it and said, in front of my wife, that it was a necessity cause, in his words, "This thing reaches red line too f'ing fast!!!". Thank goodness for friends:punk:
LOL, good on ya Jim. Good friend indeed! What kind of tire did you get? Interested in the Harlan myself, let me know what you think!

It works great! Very bright and a breeze to install. I have mine set to 9K.

LOL, good on ya Jim. Good friend indeed! What kind of tire did you get? Interested in the Harlan myself, let me know what you think!

Got a Metzler Roadtech Z6 front and an ME880 rear. Will do about the shift light. As Mark and others have recommended it I figured that was a good way to go, until I can afford one of the set ups that Lankyee is selling or one from Cycle One Off. Want a USD front end and some other stuff first though:biglaugh:.

You use a shift light? Maybe that's the key for me to get an engine to last a few miles! Nah, it still doesn't help! Maybe it's the heavy hand!

Sean

Can't afford to blow this one up so I figured the shift light would help. Never look down at the speedo or rpms, shit happens way to fast to look.

Oil/filter change happening today. I was using Royal Purple synthetic, but going back to dino oil. Good ol' Yamalube. :clapping:

Man, I love this bike, no matter what I do, it runs better. After a coolant change--motor's quieter, shifts better, more power! Oil and filter change--she just flies, and if I wash and wax it, WHOA, I can hardly hang on to it!!! :hippy biker:

Why is that? :ummm:

dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back