What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well today I tried another set of coil on plugs and another black box .Wouldn't fire up checked everything and found the cops had almost zero resistance between the pins so 2 sets from ebay #@!!ed.1 set from uk and the other from Oz :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:So I put it all back to standard and she fired up straight away :eusa_dance:.Next time I buy a set I am going to ask for resistance readings on the primary and secondary windings.I did find my 30 amp main fuse holder was melting so I am going to fit a 30 amp circuit breaker to replace it and fit an ignition relay .Cheers Kevman

went 4 my 1st REAL ride yesterday......i didnt runn the pizz outta it....didnt baby it either.....and i calculated 39 mpg!!:confused2: not bad aataalllll. i did about 200 miles total. the seat is less impressive now...:rofl_200:

Is that power wire fix cutting the old wire and splice in bigger guage wire
from the regulator to the battery ??:ummm:
<<Dave>>

Could be ,..but I've not heard about making the wire bigger. There is a spot where a power wire from the fuse block is spliced into with a brass clip.
It has a significant voltage drop. By soldering it you can lessen the drop.

Attachments

• crimp.3.jpg
    crimp.3.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 22
Not my bike but got the big tire/chain drive/magnacharged/1427 bike put back together from trans issues and the damn thing starts blowing coolant out the overflow. So, it came in running and driving (kind of) and all I did was fix the trans. Of course the cust didn't tell me it was running on 3 cylinders (he probably didn't know), so once we got it hitting on all 4 the dead cylinder I am sure is what has the gasket problem. So, time to take the engine back out and sell him more parts.

Then another customer with trans problems came in to work on his bike (since I don't have time) and we verfied it ripped a few teeth off of 2nd gear.

His buddy with a 94 brought his engine in with what he thought was a bad valve or valve spring. We ended up taking the head off and saw the valves had hit the piston. So, we fliped it over and found out he had spun a bearing on cylinder #2 (the most popular one) so I gave him his options. His o-ring was blown out too.

Looks like I am going to have a plenty busy spring.

Sean

Attachments

• O-ring blown out.jpg
    O-ring blown out.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Torn 5th gear dogs on 2-3 gear.jpg
    Torn 5th gear dogs on 2-3 gear.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 19
Could be ,..but I've not heard about making the wire bigger. There is a spot where a power wire from the fuse block is spliced into with a brass clip.
It has a significant voltage drop. By soldering it you can lessen the drop.
I don`t wanna mess around with that so, I`ll just do it right and get the regulator from an R1 and install it and then change the plugs and oil and see how she runs like that.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Washed and polished SnowMax, and then Jodi and I took it for a spin. Met up with Trevor Fischer and had a coffee, then back to the apartment for dinner....... have to ride out at 0500 in the morning to head to home.

Changed the diff oil, waited for the clouds to part & went for a ride. Met up with Jim & Jodi for a coffee. Jodi REALLY liked my rear... seat that is (sorry Jim).

not today.. but ya know

installed my frame braces from jeff... the thing handles so much better to. they really work pretty well for bolt ons!!

Attachments

• SSPX0221.jpg
    SSPX0221.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 22
  • SSPX0222.jpg
    SSPX0222.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 21
LED taillight. Stared at it for couple hours. Sean says seat is on it way. Any body ever lower foot pegs after getting lower seat ???

Printed up an AutoCAD version of knee guards for fabrication this week. It was a nice 60+ degree day, even though it was on the overcast side. The road crew was out last night street sweeping up the gravel, only snow and ice are in people's yards so I had to go out.

Bike ran great, it drank about a half of tank of gas and is running on the rich side. I'm due to go back to work in a couple of weeks so I'll be buying Sean's jet kit then and remedy the carbs.

Everything worked wonderful, cept the helmet cam. I forgot to put batteries in. Digital Spedometer works 110x better then expected. The look of the cut down Kerker is starting to grow on me, but we will see about swapping it with the supertrapp when I get the new midpipe built. I got a ton of stares and a few thumbs up when I pulled into a parking lot with a bunch of CR's it was pretty cool talking with the kids, the old man even got an invite to ride with them.

All and all, it was a good spring shake-down run. C'mon summer! :punk:

Attachments

• Max09_1.jpg
    Max09_1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Max09_2.jpg
    Max09_2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 17
  • Max09_3.jpg
    Max09_3.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Max09_4.jpg
    Max09_4.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 20
hey thanks guys i appreciate it...

i actually pulled them away from jeff (odieoh24) when he listed them for sale here. a PO had them before him as well as there was an emblem screwed into them which i'm going to have to do something about..

anyways they're from exactrap... just in the catelog goto handling/handling extras and they're right there. bolt on, 5 minute job if ur not an idiot and don't actually hold the RH side to the bike to figure out why there are spacers (D'OH)

anyways they were painted ( i don't believe powdercoated) black and i love 'em. handlings a lot better, plus they fit w/the knee guards.. here's a couple more pics...

Attachments

• SSPX0225.jpg
    SSPX0225.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 28
  • SSPX0226.jpg
    SSPX0226.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 49
  • SSPX0227.jpg
    SSPX0227.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 19
Can't really lower the pegs if you have any kind of corners in your area. I drag mine as it is in the two turns we have around here.

Sean

KJ, Garrett...your bikes are looking great!! No doubt, the black frame braces are the way to go.

Garrett, if Vmaxride06 & Redbone try to lure you away from your ride with a plate of brownies, don't worry...I'll keep an eye on it for you!!! Let's see here...I'll just grab this Craftsman suitcase full of wrenches and be right there!!! You can trust ME!! :whistlin:

KJ, Garrett...your bikes are looking great!! No doubt, the black frame braces are the way to go.

Garrett, if Vmaxride06 & Redbone try to lure you away from your ride with a plate of brownies, don't worry...I'll keep an eye on it for you!!! Let's see here...I'll just grab this Craftsman suitcase full of wrenches and be right there!!! You can trust ME!! :whistlin:

haha thanks man i appreciate it...

haha i coudl see danny layin gout a trail of brownie crumbs that would lead me into a blair witch esque romp in the woods when i come back and find the bike there's danny whistling and redbone's got some shiny new frame braces..

Thanks Danny, its slowly getting there. Garrett, I think you'll be ok if you just avoid this scenario...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prvSM8TlIeI&feature=related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back