winter transporting...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, you never know what went on during a trip inside the trailer until you open the door at the destination. Gary Spradley set up his trailer with a web cam in it so he could keep a eye on hios Vmax while traveling down the road, a little much in my book, but to each their own. The only straps that I have ever had a problem with were the friction types, the ratchet type have always held tight.

We bought two little "add on" back up cameras for a couple trucks at work. They were less than $100. Nothing fancy but actually work pretty well. Something like this could be made to work pretty easily I bet. It comes with a small camera, transmitter, and display screen. Wire up the camera to a power source, the camera feeds the image to the transmitter, and the transmitter sends the image to the display screen on the dash. The transmitter is wireless. No need to run anything up to the display. I think it takes batteries though. Would be nice to find one that ran off of 12V DC. That, or come up with a switch to turn the camera on/off. We hooked ours up to the reverse lights so it only comes on in reverse and the batteries will last a long time. Only took about 1/2 hr to set it all up.

We bought two little "add on" back up cameras for a couple trucks at work. They were less than $100. Nothing fancy but actually work pretty well. Something like this could be made to work pretty easily I bet. It comes with a small camera, transmitter, and display screen. Wire up the camera to a power source, the camera feeds the image to the transmitter, and the transmitter sends the image to the display screen on the dash. The transmitter is wireless. No need to run anything up to the display. I think it takes batteries though. Would be nice to find one that ran off of 12V DC. That, or come up with a switch to turn the camera on/off. We hooked ours up to the reverse lights so it only comes on in reverse and the batteries will last a long time. Only took about 1/2 hr to set it all up.

if i had an enclosed trailer, maybe a thought, def not for this 1 hour haul each way!

Redbone;173851 Gary Spradley set up his trailer with a web cam in it so he could keep a eye on hios Vmax while traveling down the road[/aQUOTE said:
That's cool....gotta love Technology these days!! :punk:

I have transported bikes on various trailers many times as far as 3500 miles (both ways). One way to stop any movement is to strap both wheels using 4 straps (in addition to the traditional handlebar and rear seat/frame straps). Run a strap around the wheel at floor level and back to the tie down. Do it both directions for both wheels and there will be no movement.

Just went through this back in November when I drove to Fresno to pick up my 05. Went with an enclosed U-haul due to rain in the forecast and I'm glad I did.My bike would have been a mess other wise. Those big rigs sure kick up a lot of shit! I centered the bike all the way to the front and ended up using 5 ratchet tie downs.Three in the front...one was wrapped once around the front wheel to keep it straight and two on the front end to compress the forks a little. Two more rachets on the rear end and it didn't move a bit. Mike

i ended up mounting the chock on a piece of plywood cut to fit the width of the trailer. then the 4 tie downs handled it perfect. no issues!

i ended up mounting the chock on a piece of plywood cut to fit the width of the trailer. then the 4 tie downs handled it perfect. no issues!

Excellent!!....Back to Point A without a (new) scratch.....Mission Accomplished.

For less than $20.00 a day that IS the way to go!!

Back