Headlight options

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
today I was at the local harley dealer and looked at the V rod headlight,
I got the idea of using it to replace the stock max headlight, it is ~ same dimensions and not as deep as the stock, I think with some mounting modification it would look nice on the max and the price is $191 , it has two light bulbs one low and one high beam, it is clear plastic and really looks nice with its slope look.
I might buy one and install it then post some photos for all to see.
________
Ford C-Max history

Last edited:
firefly said:
today I was at the local harley dealer and looked at the V rod headlight,
I got the idea of using it to replace the stock max headlight, it is ~ same dimensions and not as deep as the stock, I think with some mounting modification it would look nice on the max and the price is $191 , it has two light bulbs one low and one high beam, it is clear plastic and really looks nice with its slope look.
I might buy one and install it then post some photos for all to see.

How's this mod coming along?

Vrod light isn't a bad looking light at all. Though I haven't seen it's light pattern, anything has to be an improvement.

I however am looking at using the headlight from a an SV650. Since my wife got her's I've been eye-ballin the light and threatening to steal it. It's a 7" round light w/clear lense.

I think I might just pick one up off of e-bay and start fiddeling with some bracketry.

Lew L said:
Betcha someone out there makes some real nice headlight mounting brackets.
Google is next.

It will need fork mounts and that is not hard to find, I'll look for a 43mm fork headlight mount, I am sure it would look great on the max.
________
vapir oxygen vaporizer

Last edited:
Another possibility of headlight is the busa headlight but will need to fabricate a housing and mounts to make it fit the max.
here is a photo of the headlight
________
vaporizer questions

Attachments

• Busa headlight.jpg
    Busa headlight.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Hrm, dunno if I like that one. But then thats just me. I've often thought that light looked a little odd even in the busa fairing.

I'd really like to get the Cyberstar from Vmaxbitz, but I've e-mailed for a price on 2 occasions and still haven't gotten anything back. *shrug* Guess I'll try again.

Edited for horrible spelling

Last edited:
yeah, personally I think the Busa's headlight is one of the uggliest parts of the bike. Id go with the Vrod light myself

KRL0215 said:
yeah, personally I think the Busa's headlight is one of the uggliest parts of the bike. Id go with the Vrod light myself

Thanks guys for your honest remarks, the busa headlight will be a lot of work to make it fit , the vrod headlight looks nicer and fitting it on the max should be easy.
________
1955 Dodge specifications

Last edited:
Calimus said:
Hrm, dunno if I like that one. But then thats just me. I've often thought that light looked a little odd even in the busa fairing.

I'd really like to get the Cyberstar from Vmaxbitz, but I've e-mailed for a price on 2 occasions and still haven't gotten anything back. *shrug* Guess I'll try again.

Edited for horrible spelling

wait until I do the vrod headlight, I think it will look much better than the cyberstar, I'll post photos after I complete this project, it will probably be less costly than the cyberstar and will look better
________
Yamaha XJ900

Last edited:
I wonder how a rectagular light would look instead of a round light? The front of the VMax always looked light it should have a rectangular light (or even 2!) instead of a round light. Any one do a quick photoshop of this?

Buster Hymen said:
I wonder how a rectagular light would look instead of a round light? The front of the VMax always looked light it should have a rectangular light (or even 2!) instead of a round light. Any one do a quick photoshop of this?

Check mine out Buster. I decided to go long instead of round because EVERYBODY has round lights that look so ordinary.

Attachments

• Scoops.jpg
    Scoops.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 96
mikemax04 said:
Check mine out Buster. I decided to go long instead of round because EVERYBODY has round lights that look so ordinary.

Yo Mike, I like them but the gap between them is too wide, put an LED between them, this is why the busa lights got my attention, they are ugly and weired looking , they look like a chemical war mask or a one eyed alien, sometimes odd looking things actualy look nice.
________
juggalos

Last edited:
firefly said:
Yo Mike, I like them but the gap between them is too wide, put an LED between them, this is why the busa lights got my attention, they are ugly and weired looking , they look like a chemical war mask or a one eyed alien, sometimes odd looking things actualy look nice.
Ibrahim, you have to remember one very important thing as far as we humans go, NOT EVERYBODY HAS THE SAME TASTE. You feel around to see what OTHERS like and then go with that. I make pretty much all my mods with materials I have on hand, as far as possible, and to my taste ONLY. A good looking headlight FOR ME, was the one they had on the future Max, which a lot of others hated. Isn't it great that we have freedom of choice and don't all have to wear gray clothes??? I will NEVER personally attack any body's taste because that is putting a damper on his or her freedom of choice. Taste is something no one can criticize or should dictate unless that person is a dictator. I like the sparklies on your faux tank but it isn't for me. See if you can come up with a light like the one on the new Max and I'll join your modification project. This is just lighthearted conversation and should be taken as such.

mikemax04 said:

That does look pretty cool! Are they auxilary driving lights for a car? And how is the lighting off them, is it very bright?

Buster Hymen said:
That does look pretty cool! Are they auxilary driving lights for a car? And how is the lighting off them, is it very bright?
They are Hella Driving Lights. I find them acceptable for night driving which I don't do a lot of because the night time bugs taste worse than day bugs. I also have them wired so both shine at the same time, using the hi-lo switch. When the switch is in the low position, the lights are off. I hate to turn on the key and the lights are on while working on the bike. Just a personal "like". Those that do a lot of night driving probably should look into genuine head lights.

mikemax04 said:
Ibrahim, you have to remember one very important thing as far as we humans go, NOT EVERYBODY HAS THE SAME TASTE. You feel around to see what OTHERS like and then go with that. I make pretty much all my mods with materials I have on hand, as far as possible, and to my taste ONLY. A good looking headlight FOR ME, was the one they had on the future Max, which a lot of others hated. Isn't it great that we have freedom of choice and don't all have to wear gray clothes??? I will NEVER personally attack any body's taste because that is putting a damper on his or her freedom of choice. Taste is something no one can criticize or should dictate unless that person is a dictator. I like the sparklies on your faux tank but it isn't for me. See if you can come up with a light like the one on the new Max and I'll join your modification project. This is just lighthearted conversation and should be taken as such.

actually the vrod headlight is as close as you can get to the prototype max, Mike I know everyone has his own taste and I am not criticizing your taste at all, I am simply suggesting something that might enhance your headlights further, we develop our own taste by seeing the reaction of others, weighing it, accepting it or dismissing it, didn't we all like how the max looks? and that is why we own this great bike.
I paint mine florescent green, someone else puts a Suzuki headlight.

I think the space between the headlights could be used to cosmetically enhance the custom look of the headlights which are nice looking to begin with, just an idea to consider or discard and that is totally up to you.
don't take it as an attack on your taste or you, I never meant it to be that way .
Now next time I post a creation of mine please tell me what you really think of it good or bad.
Actually the opinion of others on the list regarding the busa headlight made me change my mind about it and confirmed that the vrod headlight would be a better choice, and that doesn't mean that I changed my mined because they didn't like it, it just made me think more about how it will actually look.
________
Honda CR125M

Last edited:
mikemax04 said:
They are Hella Driving Lights. I find them acceptable for night driving which I don't do a lot of because the night time bugs taste worse than day bugs. I also have them wired so both shine at the same time, using the hi-lo switch. When the switch is in the low position, the lights are off. I hate to turn on the key and the lights are on while working on the bike. Just a personal "like". Those that do a lot of night driving probably should look into genuine head lights.

Do you know what the wattage of the lights are? Maybe a bigger bulb will make for better night riding.

Back