Headlight options

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
firefly said:
another example of using other bikes headlights, this one is from a British vmax site, though I think the black part of it could be painted to make it look like part of the bike, this is what headlights on faired bikes look . being creative is a wonderful thing!

Isn't that off Vmaxbitz?

I love it! Just don't remember where I saw it before...

Yes, that is the one from Vmaxbitz. Problem is, they don't return e-mail when you ask how much the damn thing is.

So I figure that the one in the pic is the only one in existance.:confused2:

Yes it is vbiz, you can get the head light of any bike and adapt it to work on max, remember guys when I was talking about a busa headlight? but since it is butt ugly I went with the V-rod headlight, I got it and I am working on getting it installed on my bike, a little creativity and I bet it will look better on max.
all what is needed is a sturdy mounting (vibration free) , light bulb sockets and some nice looking headlight. I even posted a site to get different light bulb sockets like H4, H7, H9, H11 and so on.
When I finish my project of installing the vrod one I'll post photos for all to see if ever I get it done:)
we are not inventing headlights, we are just using other bikes headlights and making them fit the max, we use to have two options, the exactrep bifocals, and the nerdy kid 8 inch Suzuki / ducati ones. the possibilities are endless with other more modern looooking lights with clear lenses.
I even thought of converting a bennie helmet into head lights but why all the work, just get another bike headlight and make mounting for it.
The fork mounts on the market are ridiculously expensive though they could be made at less than $20 and will look just as good.
I bet you guys saw the bike that has a full face helmet converted to a headlight,ugly? yes but very different, not my taste but I appreciate the guy's work.

Be carfull when choosing headlights, some use car lights which do not have the width of beem needed for motorcycle application, you end up with nice looking useless lights.
________
buy grinder

Last edited:
The nice thing about the clear lens with shaped reflectors like the vrod light is that it does no produce glare vs the old style shaped lens.
but the vrod with standard harley light bulbs leaves a lot to be desired,
I bought piaa bulbs and they are amazing in intensity, coverage and color.
I get noticed very much because it sticks out as "what the hell is this very white light" by other drivers:))))
the mod is not cheap, the vrod light is ~ $200, a home made bracket cost me ~ $15. to make vs what is available ready made ~$100.

Not square or round, but what do you think of this? It's from a 1992 FZR 1000 and I think it looks mean. Now, to find out what the dimensions and how to fit it will be a different story! But, where there's a will??

da4c_1.JPG

trent7276 said:
Not square or round, but what do you think of this? It's from a 1992 FZR 1000 and I think it looks mean. Now, to find out what the dimensions and how to fit it will be a different story! But, where there's a will??

da4c_1.JPG

I think it looks good. Mike has 2 square lights on the front of his and I think it looks better than a round light. Go for it and see if you can get it mounted.

Back