Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the welcome guys. It sure is a clean looking ride. 14 years old and only 16000 kms. That's an average of only about 700 miles a year.
The shop called me today. ...all it needed for a safety was tires and fork seals. I'll pick her up on Sat. Woohoo!
Al.

Hi from Southern California

Hi all-

New member and a new VMax owner as of a couple weekends ago now.

Picked up a 14' VMax leftover for a killer price. Always wanted one ever since they came out. Snapped a pic of the Max in front of Yamaha America Corporate HQ in my home town of Cypress, CA.

Welcome NuckaMan, good to have another so cal vmaxer aboard. That thing certainly looks 14 ft to me. Great choice- Looks sharp congrats.

Hi to all fellow VMAXers...I'm Carl, newly relocated to Las Vegas after a 20 yr sabatical on Maui..doesn't take that long to get bored with the roads but never with the views.. I've been a 3X VMAX owner since the beginning in 1985 with several in between the current 2005 that I've just completed as a show and go one off custom. Over the last few years I've been fortunate to be able to expand my bike stable to include the Goldwing (for extended travel comfort) and the Raider (for shorter 2 up putts) with my Harley buds. I love to personalize my bikes with upgrades that make them unique and better performers and I have referred to the Forum many times over the years in my search for the latest and best modifications...thanks to all who help make this information available. I just celebrated my 72nd birthday and would like to present my
2005 VMAX for serious consideration and sale. This bike is a culmination of all I have learned about the original 1200 and resulting upgrades necessary to show and go with
the best. I placed a feeler ad here several months ago with minimal interest at a fair price, but am now more motivated to sell. Thanks for the oppertunity to introduce myself. Anyone interested should review my posted ad (cjlahaina) and can contact me at [email protected] to discuss the details.

Been looking around the forum for a few weeks now so thought it was time I said hi. Had bikes ever since I can remember mainly oil cooled suzukis. Anyway I thought a change is as good as a rest so bought a 98 vmax i've always wanted one since I was a kid and i've now finally got one. I love it! However it seems I've ended up with a bit of a turd :damn angry: after a closer inspection the frame is bent at the head stock, the yokes are bent (think you boys over there call them triple trees) So my plan was to ride it until winter sets in (which can be anytime now in the UK) and then rebuild it over the winter months. But decided to do it all now ive set myself 4 weeks to rebuild it. The frame has been straightened at motoliner, ive got a new set of triple trees and some new forks. The engine is out ready for paint and the frame and various bits and pieces are at the powder coaters.Ive decided to use a thundercat front wheel for better tyre choice as it already has a taylormade 17inch split rim on the back. Well I guess your all bored now so ill say thanks for reading, great forum you've got going on here loads of great info. take it easy. Andy

Welcome to the forum Andy. Any vmax question you have can be answered here.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Hi
I just bought a very nice 97 Canadian spec bike that was imported direct from Japan.
All original except screen and Supertraps.
Small problem I will post elsewhere.
Regards
Martin

Welcome, everyone. Definitely post problems. There really isn't an issue that someone on here hasn't seen or fixed. Everyone gets sorted eventually.

Hi
I just bought a very nice 97 Canadian spec bike that was imported direct from Japan.
All original except screen and Supertraps.
Small problem I will post elsewhere.
Regards
Martin
Definitely start a thread about your problem and be sure to include pics of your Vmax !

Hello everyone(pardon the language) . , my name is Artem, I am 30 years.I from Russia, Nizhny Novgorod/I have a motorcycle v-max
., known in Russia as a hammer or a sledgehammer flying ) we are very fond of this bike .
my motorcycle.before and after
ce7de8d89179.jpg

036810f587bc.jpg

5bbeb41f5d02.jpg

Welcome to the forum Artem, and great looking bike. Congrats on getting it back together.

Thank you for the warm welcome guys .... v-max with me through now ) in the future, I plan to buy a Harley, but we in Russia are more expensive than you ) ) want to scratch it ), our very Ural trucks they seem )and the season we have only 6 months, then winter) ) )

If you haven't already figured it out, my name is John (Johnny to most). I'm brand spanking new, just joined today. I am truly looking forward to learning as much as I can about this incredible bike and the people who love to ride them. I have an incredible story to tell about how I came about joining this unique VMAX Club.
I have a 1988 Candy Apple Red Museum piece. Museum piece you say? Yes, as of today it has 170 total miles on it and looks like it just came off the showroom floor yesterday even though it's 27 years old. Original everything with the exception of the items I had to replace such as tires breaks and pretty much anything rubber on it. In addition, I managed to get it to a dealer for an apparent re-call from back in the day which involved a battery cable that was too short and had to be rewired.
The bike came to me by way of a friend i've know for about 40 years. We went to elementary school together. I won't give you his name because some of you might think poorly of him after I tell you this story. Basically he bought it because like me (and I suspect most of you on this site)fell in love with it the first time he saw it.He pushed it into a climate controlled storage facility in lower Manhattan and it never moved again until February of this year. Yes, I mean he pushed it because one of the few things he did right was not put any fuel in it. All I can tell you when you ask why it never moved, at this point doesn't matter. But if you must know if involved a father's heart attack the first year, a new job as one of NYC's finest the next. I have know other valid reasons or excuses for him. I gave him a break for the first 2 years, but I've been riding him for the last 25 years even threatening bodily harm to my friend who is now an armed NYC first grade Detective. Finally while visiting back East this last December (i've been living in Los Angeles for the last 20 years or so), I talked him into parting with it. As one of his best friends, he wouldn't take any money from me and gave it as a gift without the ass kicking. I thought it was a good trade!!$2000 in new parts later, plus $750 in shipping cost, along with a 3 month wait for the great Empire State DMV to get me a title (yes, he never registered it either and it still had Yamaha's name on the title), I finally got her cruising and I've been loving every moment. I'm breaking her in slowly. I myself haven't ridden for about a decade and have missed it very much. I was stuck in a boring airline job as a pilot (I quit due to crappy pay and long hours away from home) and then had an addition to my family in the form of a 4 year old boy who my wife named Johnny IV. That made me a brand new father at the ripe young age of 44. Lucky for me my wife has been encouraging me to find a new hobby and loves bikes, and so here I am loving life and the beautiful Los Angeles weather on my museum piece!

@ Artem,
Welcome and Great job on the restoration !

@ Johnny,
Welcome to the Forum and all the Insanity that goes with owning a Vmax !
Great Story !
And you might want to start a thread asking about other Vmax riders in LA, I know there are a few on here so you might be able to get together for a group ride sometime.

Congrats Johnny! You came to the right place. One thing though, you might have to ride or put on 4830 miles on your Max before you can register it in Kalifornia. Unless they changed, a used vehicle had to have 5000 or more miles on it. If not, it is considered new and must comply with current smog rules. At least, this was the case when I bought mine 11 years ago.

Thanks BLKMAX for the advice. I actually already registered it and I had no problems. The bike was California Compliant and DMV never said a word.

DMANN99 Will do. I'm just learning the ins and outs of the site and once I do I'll throw out a life line!

Back