Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone, I bought my first Vmax (also my first bike) back in April!! Gotta say this bike is definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing. lol.
-All original
-Just hit 5600 miles!!
View attachment 50170
View attachment 50171
View attachment 50172
P.S. This is the first forum I've decided to be apart of so if things don't show up properly, sorry. :confused2:
Welcome to the vmax forum. There are a great bunch of people here.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Another VBoost newby here. I purchased my 2001 CF 8 days ago. After 450 miles, I am still giddy when I see my beast.

My first bike was a 92 Seca2, then I had a 750cc Virago. Both were nice, but my VMax is "the one".

My first encounter with my beast was last Friday when I picked it up from Vermont and rode it home to Albany. First ride on the VMax and first ride in 10 years- 120 miles. I hit twisty roads, nice straights, saw little towns, deer, and tailgating idiots. Then finished the trip home through a stretch of highway with night time road construction where they decided to wet down the road...
What was the first thing that I did when I got home?
Took my wife for a quick spin, since she chased me all the way home.

I've run some sea foam to get the beast to idle and have ordered progressive springs...

What an awesome machine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another VBoost newby here. I purchased my 2001 CF 8 days ago. After 450 miles, I am still giddy when I see my beast.

My first bike was a 92 Seca2, then I had a 750cc Virago. Both were nice, but my VMax is "the one".

My first encounter with my beast was last Friday when I picked it up from Vermont and rode it home to Albany. First ride on the VMax and first ride in 10 years- 120 miles. I hit twisty roads, nice straights, saw little towns, deer, and tailgating idiots. Then finished the trip home through a stretch of highway with night time road construction where they decided to wet down the road...

I've run some sea foam to get the beast to idle and have ordered progressive springs...

Welcome to the forum

You're doing it right...

Hi guys, My name is Tim Parker and i'm new to the Vmax. I traded a suzuki intruder for my 85 Vmax, I have wanted one ever since they came out but just haven't been able to own, one. I'm so in love with this bike, it's old like me but I hope by the time I get done with it -it will look like new. I hope to become friends with people like me that love their Vmax's.

Tim Parker

Hi guys, My name is Tim Parker and i'm new to the Vmax. I traded a suzuki intruder for my 85 Vmax, I have wanted one ever since they came out but just haven't been able to own, one. I'm so in love with this bike, it's old like me but I hope by the time I get done with it -it will look like new. I hope to become friends with people like me that love their Vmax's.

Tim Parker

Welcome to the forum. I used to have an Intruder myself. It was a 95 800cc. GREAT motorcycle.

Welcome Tim!..............Plenty of V-Max friendly folks around these parts!..............Tell us about your newfound 85!......................Tom.

Hello everyone, I've been on here for a couple month and just stumbled on this thread so figured I'd say hi! My Vmax has quite the story haha. I got mine for free from my boss, and he got it free from a guy who rear ended a car at 30mph. So when I got it the frame was all bent up and it pushed into the front valve cover and busted that up pretty bad, along with the scoops, blinkers, front wheel and a lot of other small things. Lucky for me the guy my boss got it from had bought most of the parts to fix it but ran out of money to fix it so there it sat, fast forward to when my boss got it, it sat in his shop and he got sick of it sitting there so he gave it to me. So....I found a frame with a clean title off ebay, switched everything over to the good frame, cleaned the carbs, and off I went. Since then I have done the cbr tail light, knock off koso speedometer and am in the process of getting good body work to get it repainted this winter!

Hello everyone, I've been on here for a couple month and just stumbled on this thread so figured I'd say hi! My Vmax has quite the story haha. I got mine for free from my boss, and he got it free from a guy who rear ended a car at 30mph. So when I got it the frame was all bent up and it pushed into the front valve cover and busted that up pretty bad, along with the scoops, blinkers, front wheel and a lot of other small things. Lucky for me the guy my boss got it from had bought most of the parts to fix it but ran out of money to fix it so there it sat, fast forward to when my boss got it, it sat in his shop and he got sick of it sitting there so he gave it to me. So....I found a frame with a clean title off ebay, switched everything over to the good frame, cleaned the carbs, and off I went. Since then I have done the cbr tail light, knock off koso speedometer and am in the process of getting good body work to get it repainted this winter!

Nice job, welcome.

Even though I've made a few posts, I have been putting off an introduction here on the site.

I picked this bike up in late June near Pomona, CA and have been tinkering with it on the weekends.

The bike was modified by the first owner, I am the third owner.

This was a 1997 silver Vmax with less than 14K miles before I got it.

Some background:

The first owner was a Japanese engineer from one of the valleys East of Los Angeles. Sadly, I don't have his contact information as it was lost by the second owner.

Mods he did (that I can determine so far):

Dale Walker Holeshot Full Exhaust (center stand retained)
T-Boost switch installed and wired
K&N oval filter
Frame stabilizers
Stainless clutch and brake lines
Fork Superbrace
Aftermarket rear signals
Progressive Suspension black shocks - OEM length

I have not looked inside the carbs yet as the bike is running perfect. The T-boost switch seems to do nothing as the V-boost only comes on at 6K, which is fine for me. Boost at lower RPM just doesn't work efficiently from what I've read.
It may have one the Dale Walker jet kits in the there due to the full exhaust and filter setup. The airbox is the stock unit and I don't see any cutting or modifications to it.

I do run the faux scoops and they have not been modified. I just flat black coated them with a removable spray film.

Mods I've done:

The front and rear fenders, side panels, windscreen, radiator reflectors, sissy bar, stock mirrors, and front signals have been removed. Convex bar-end CRG clone mirrors are installed. The inner rear fender is now the license plate holder. Brake light has been relocated under the grab rail. Front signals are now larger DOT units running 1157 bulbs. Installed a 5-inch tachometer with shift light. Just installed Semi-truck 4-inch dual faced rear tail/stop lights with LED inserts and relocating the aftermarket rear signals to the license plate bracket.
Seat has been upgraded to all black ostrich.
Covers put on the upper fork tubes.
ABS handmade cover for lower triple tree.
Forks lowered in trees.
Fork boots installed
Powder coating of the rear grab rail, handlebar risers, top clamp, inner fender, speedo mount and top tree.
Aircraft style clamp on radiator hose
Aircraft type coolant overflow hose installed (not pictured)
Fabricated ancillary mount for relocated speedo

Future Mods:

Wire in headlamp cut off switch (switch is already installed)
Heavy gauge wire straight from R/R to battery with inline fuse.
Install LOUD horn
Black drag bars
Better GPS mounting setup
Fabricate Fuse Box cover
Better Tach and shift light
More powder coating (pegs, rear diff, swingarm)
EBC double H brake pads

Before:
My_Vmax_00_U0_U_405_Vn_Rcj_Qz_W_600x450.jpg

(Not pictured is the black ostrich seat from Morley and the added big ass running lights with turn signal relocation.)

After:
20150709_144836.jpg

20150709_144858.jpg

20150725_103706.jpg

I've been riding since 1975 in Ohio and have lusted after the Vmax since it came out. I now live near Ventura, CA.
My rides:
1972 CB350 Honda
1981 Kawasaki LTD 1000 (lots of speeding tickets)
1981 Harley Wide Glide (due to the speeding tickets on the LTD)
1992 Harley Fatboy Cream and Orange (stolen in 1999)
1999 Fatboy in black (last of the single cam Evos and now collecting dust in my garage)
1997 Vmax Street Fighter

Nicely done Zeus! You did an excellent job of making that Vmax your own. Welcome to the addiction!

Congrats Zeus and welcome to the forum. Great looking Vmax

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Welcome Zeus and Bergo. Its great to be off to a running start knowing that you can field strip the bikes and put them back together blindfolded, reminds me of a scene from Full Metal Jacket haha. I to have lusted after this bike since 85-86 when I first met one.

Great job Zeus I like that look alot. Where's your faux tank cover? Welcome to all the new comers. I've been on a few different forms and this is by far the best.

Back