1 year on .

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
It is 1 year to the day , that i had my Max vinned and was ready for me to ride home (ex japan) . So in that 1 year i amassed over 12000kms , broke then replaced the original gear selector with the updated one , polished the front emblem , grab bar and scoops . Also went thru 2 tyres .
In that year i only saw 4 other Maxxes . 1 being the 88 that jedi- had picked up, saw 1 09 even tho it was minus a few bits due to a put down .
I replaced the tacho guts as mine didnt work when i got it , also got a stainless steel radiator guard for the front to set it off and a H.A.C. sissybar for the missus but im looking at doing the reflector mode for this when its off but i did make a new reflector using the original for when the sissy is on so it dont look like crap and i put red leds in all instrument housings . Also new grips as i kept braking the ends off the originals and lastly i fixxed the tripmeter knob that had come off in my hand .
But after 1 year would i replace it - Hell No . :punk:

Attachments

• in japan june08.jpg
    in japan june08.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 23
  • vmax2 006.jpg
    vmax2 006.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 24
congrads on the anniversary. i have yet to own a bike for 12 months.

hey wheres ur license plate?

congrads on the anniversary. i have yet to own a bike for 12 months.

hey wheres ur license plate?

Mate , havent you figured it out yet . No licence plate = no speeding tickets .
1st pic was of Max in Japan . As for the rotor they are stock Yammie ones .
Have kept her stock as someone has to do it i spose . :punk:

Mate , havent you figured it out yet . No licence plate = no speeding tickets .
1st pic was of Max in Japan . As for the rotor they are stock Yammie ones .
Have kept her stock as someone has to do it i spose . :punk:

haha yea i see the plate now!

i was unaware yamaha ever put out a drilled rear rotor! is it something we can get ahold of here in the states? not tha ti need it, just go ta galfer, but i probably would have gone that route had i known....

or is it a stock front one?

haha yea i see the plate now!

i was unaware yamaha ever put out a drilled rear rotor! is it something we can get ahold of here in the states? not tha ti need it, just go ta galfer, but i probably would have gone that route had i known....

or is it a stock front one?

I imported this from Japan and to get it vinned (road legal) here as it was low i got the original replaced from Yamaha New Zealand it was bout same price as it would of been from Japan/ States .:punk:

I imported this from Japan and to get it vinned (road legal) here as it was low i got the original replaced from Yamaha New Zealand it was bout same price as it would of been from Japan/ States .:punk:

is it just a normal front rotor? are the front/rear max rotor sthe same size on the newer style?

Back