1989 3400miles price

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genecarroll

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 1989 with 3400 miles no mechanical issues but cosmetically has the oxidation under all the clear coat and on the engine it has a backrest,cowl and cobra exhaust. What do you guy's think is a fair price?
Thanks

Can the 3400 miles be verified in any way? I would be suspicious either way. If correct, could be many hidden issues from lack of use. In not, what is the story/history?

It would be kinda nice if somebody could come up with a sticky what to look for in buying a vmax. There's a shit load of advice thru out past threads by the time you read it all bike could be sold .. It would be real helpful I believe ..

The miles are accurate. The bike has been kept in a airplane hanger I assume all its life. Im also worried about hidden problems from sitting tires gaskets seals etc. I don't mind cleaning painting polishing etc. I assume I can use for bargaining I just don't want to pay to much just because mileage is low. How much is mileage count towards condition

Thought I had posted up to this thread already but don't see it. Anyhow, low mileage can add 20% for me but I'd prefer a low mileage late model. Lets face it, a 1989 is how many years old?! That means the rubber and plastic and seal and such are a quarter century old no matter what the miles.
If it was hangared its whole life, why is it rough cosmetically? Just a logical question. Cobras are a minus for me, not a plus

To me its worth in the $2500 range. But the bottom line is that it's worth what ever you will pay for it, and what ever he will sell it for! Good luck with it.

Back