flowmaster

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetank

Reaction score
I finally installed my single chamber flowmaster on my bike. it is a 96 with 4 to 1 hindle. so i bought a single chamber flowmaster 2 1/2 in and out. took a piece of 2 inch id pipe and cut off about 3 inches and flared the end...cut off the inlet to the muffler and welded the new neck on. welded on some spring mounts...and painted it black....so now i have a slip on flowmaster so i can change it out with my hindle can in a minute for the wife

Attachments

• 100_1623.jpg
    100_1623.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_1628.jpg
    100_1628.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_1626.jpg
    100_1626.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_1625.jpg
    100_1625.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 93
Sorry, but I have to say that's one Ugly exhaust, so I hope it sounds Damn Good.

I bet it does sound good but it's got one big case of UGLY going on.

I agree... sorry to rain on your parade man but it kinda looks like somebody snuck a car muffler onto your bike.

yeah i like ugly...i dont like pretty paint or curves...i am actually going to mad max mine this winter...fenders are going to flat aluminum and scoops are going to be blocky and much bigger...and actually run into my air box..and fuax cover is getting squared off...i want it to look like a working machine...kinda a mad max meets batman look...i think i am even going to air brush in welds and rust

Sounds kind of neat then :) I guess we'll have to see how it fits with the rest of the bike.

You should record a vid and throw it youtube so we can all hear how boss it sounds.

:edit:
Beaten lol cool looking forward to the clip!

^ Post up a Soundclip/Video if you can.
I just listened to the FlowMaster Videos of that Muffler at their site but I'd really like to hear what it sounds like on your Max.

Edit:
You posted about uploading a Video as I was typing.
You got me real curious to hear it.

Would be interested in a sound clip of this set up.

Had a guy up my way put a Thrush glasspack muffler on his vmax with a Kerker header. It actually sounded pretty good.

Mike

i have a full hindle can, but it looks like ass without my rear fender...and i couldnt find any other options that i like. i kept it a slip on for when the wife is on....still looking for another option...but it has to be small...for me less is more..i will try to find a pic of it without the fender..with the seat...and hopefully tomorrow i can get the wife to take a video of it actually riding by

not very good pics..but the pipe stuck out way behind me...i didnt like that. i just wanted tire back there...lol

Attachments

• untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 52
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 60
Yea, that hindle can needed shortened for sure. Still not sure which one I like better. With the theme you are discussing it should be cool. We'd call it a "rat" bike. I probably have the real stuff you need laying around lol.

Keep us Updated as you change the Look.
We may very well learn to like it as it transforms.

will do...thanks for the opinions guys....i think i just like my bikes like i like my women....skinny, fast, loud, and as nasty as they come....lmao

I would like to hear more sound of it reving.

I think it sounds good reving up now, just need longer and higher rpm's.

Idle sounds ok, not the greatest.

Todd

Back