im to short!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Luke! You got yourself quite a beginner bike there :rofl_200: I'm 5'9'' 30'' inseam and my seat and suspension is stock, when I set on my Vmax I'm on the balls of my feet and can't touch flat footed either. I have been riding Vmaxes this way for 23 years with out any issues, maybe you just need to put a little time in the saddle to get used to it. As far as raising your forks in the triple tree, just keep in mind this will change you handling and steering as well, I did this to mine and rode it a day and put them right back to the stock setting. A lot of people do this change and really like it, I for one hated it. Good luck with your new ride bro, just respect it, this thing is a beast and it will having no problem biting you.

I think if you lower your forks (either pull 'em tubes up or internally) 1" and also get some 12" rear shocks you'll be fine. With the already cut down seat that should be enough.

Remember you will need a shorter side stand too (or cut the OEM one) or the bike will be almost straight and too easy to tip over, and your center stand will be all but useless unless you ride the rear wheel onto a plank or other elevation.

hey guys just a update, since monday i probably rode about 250 miles! gettin the hang of things :) , my progresive shocks and springs should be in tomorow and im goin to put them on after work. Ill take some before and after pics so that hopefully this will help for future refrence for anyone else wanting a comparsion... thanks again all! post again soon

hey guys just a update, since monday i probably rode about 250 miles! gettin the hang of things :) , my progresive shocks and springs should be in tomorow and im goin to put them on after work. Ill take some before and after pics so that hopefully this will help for future refrence for anyone else wanting a comparsion... thanks again all! post again soon

So shorter rear shocks and a front lowering kit? If so how, low did you go?

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

x2 recommend the MSF beginner class. You must learn how to ride the right way to keep you safe. Always look you for cars. They do not look out for you. Use the front and rear brake to stop not just the back like I see so many people do. 70 % of your braking power is up front. One more tip always look where you want to go not what you trying to avoid. The bike will follow you. Be safe that is a heck of a starter bike. :punk:lol

Back