Integrated CBR LED Tail Light Mounting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea all manufactures make them different its however they wanna make them lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Well, other than the silicone (which i just wont use much of) when the real ones get in stock, i should be able to switch them in about 10 minutes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I just wired the light to my bike before installing it permanately. The wiring chart on page 3 doesnt work with my bike. In order for the brake lite to work, red (light) has to go to yellow (bike) and white (light) has to go to blue (bike). Everything works EXCEPT......when i turn left signal on, the yellow flashes and the red goes out. When right signal is on, it works fine. Red stays lit whole yelloelw flashes. This happens whether or not the brake is activated. Please help. May be easier to call me at 540-325-9655.

I was going to find some hardware for my new taillight today but I left it at home, doh! Just wondering if anyone knows what size nut I need to bolt up the cbr light?

I was going to find some hardware for my new taillight today but I left it at home, doh! Just wondering if anyone knows what size nut I need to bolt up the cbr light?

I just bought some yesterday and didnt even give it a thought as to what size it is. Is is fine thread though. :bang head:

Yep, just confirmed it.....wrong damn light. The ebay ones for 25-35 dollars arent the same ones from Motodynamic. If somebody on here warned us of that, i missed it. I think i will go ahead and mount it because the "REAL" ones are out of stock with no expected return date. I think the one i got and the real ones are equal in size and mounting should be the same. This explains why it didnt come with a resistor in the wire. Damn "junkbay". My fault for not reading into it enough. Its still LED and very bright, just not programmable with flashing brake light and moving signals. :banghead:

Try this one...same thing...same company...but smoked, and IN STOCK

http://www.motodynamic.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_2&products_id=185

Thanks Traumahawk.....ordered. I am still having a fit with the wiring. I bought LED front turn signals today and now they are all doing something completely different than yesterday. I am so aggravated if i could go back to the stock rear light i would.

WP_20130609_002.jpg

WP_20130609_004.jpg

WP_20130609_005.jpg
Just finished the install! Used an angle grinder to cut the license bracket off. Also used it to cut the slits to bend the inner fender. Cleaned up the cuts with a bench grinder, bolted up the light to the inner fender, added some silicone on top of the light as well. Took about an hour and a half with a couple beers. Looks great! Thank you to everyone who contributed in this thread.

Not sure why you would want to spend the xtra $ from this company. I got mine on ebay and it does the same thing for less money .

Awesome write up. Very detailed! I already have an aftermarket tail light but I think I like yours more! I might add this to my project list once I find some more spare time.

Hello,

First off... great site great info.

I bought my first Vmax in Feb. 13, its an 05, with only minor issues.
the biggest was the death wobble, but thanks to morley's death wobble fix video, its all better now.

My next project is the taillight / plate assembly. It didn't fit the plate at all so i modified it a little but it still doesn't look right on this bike. So I'm checking to see what you guy's have done. So far I really like the motodynamic CBR light I think I'll try that next. Although I am gonna keep the stock blinkers. Yeah I'm from RI we say blinkers and we drink a cuppa cawfee.

If I did it right I posted pic's...or not... fn newb.

Thanks

Brian

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 113
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 120
Thanks for all the tips guys did this yesterday with the this post was able to get it done in a couple of hours..

I did add a license plate light using some waterproff strip led lights also I cut the sub frame like everyone else and made a backing plate for the new light using some galvy steel i had laying around I bolted and used some pop vivits for now till my buddy returns my mig..

I think this mod looks awesome and would never have thought of it with out you guys so cheers and enjoy the ride
999403_10201178218915038_860638273_n.jpg

970852_10201178061511103_775226329_n.jpg

oh for the waterproof led strip for a licence plate light

here is an ebay link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Epoxy-White...121793?pt=US_Car_Lighting&hash=item257eadfd81

its used for under cars wicked easy to work with. I've used it for a custom fishtank light, swim lights on my boat and now i cut a 6 inch strip of it soldered some wires tapped into the running rear light and its peel and stick so wicked easy to do

Thanks for all the tips guys did this yesterday with the this post was able to get it done in a couple of hours..

I did add a license plate light using some waterproff strip led lights also I cut the sub frame like everyone else and made a backing plate for the new light using some galvy steel i had laying around I bolted and used some pop vivits for now till my buddy returns my mig..

I think this mod looks awesome and would never have thought of it with out you guys so cheers and enjoy the ride
999403_10201178218915038_860638273_n.jpg

970852_10201178061511103_775226329_n.jpg

I like your plate holder, its the first one I've seen with this mod that actually looks like it might clear my tire. I'm extended 3" and lowered about 1.5" and have a 200/50-18 so I was concerned about clearance for my tire. Thanks for the pics and the ideas, I may just give this a shot now.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

that part was easy I placed the light in the black fender marked the sides put the sub frame back in moved those lines over used a sawsall cut it straight in case I want to weld back together.
took the cut peace traced it on a piece of metal and made a plate with like an upside down T and three tabs to attach to the sub fender

Finally got my light installed and wired. Installed aftermarket led front signals and now have the hyper-flash. I will deal with that later. My question is....the new lights only had 2 wires. Therefore i have no front driving lights anymore. Anyway to remedy this?? :confused:

Back