Integrated CBR LED Tail Light Mounting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came across this set-up which looks pretty neat. Just want to see if anyone is familiar with it. Pros? Cons?

Personally I like the bigger, brighter CBR light. Can never have too much visibility on a bike!

Very happy with this mod! Glad to finally hack off the rear amber turn signals!

I used the license plate mount to mount my taillight. Maybe you can recognize it in the picture!

Attachments

• brakelight1.jpg
    brakelight1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 163
what s everyone doing about the white light that Michigan requires??? So far my options are the bolts that have the LED integrated on the side, and you rotate where you want it to shine. There is also a lightbar, but I don't want to drill holes in my custom plate. Advanced Auto has (2) led strips that have 2-sided tape, but look cheesy at best. So what are you guys with the mod doing???

what s everyone doing about the white light that Michigan requires??? So far my options are the bolts that have the LED integrated on the side, and you rotate where you want it to shine. There is also a lightbar, but I don't want to drill holes in my custom plate. Advanced Auto has (2) led strips that have 2-sided tape, but look cheesy at best. So what are you guys with the mod doing???
Not sure how yours is mounted, but I welded tabs that the CBR light studs mount to. I then drilled my license plate holes to match, and have a second set of nuts that secure the plate to the same studs. So what you end up with is a gap between the plate and the light....just big enough to let light shine through. I bought a 3 inch white led strip(adhesive mount), and stuck it to the back side of the CBR light and it works well, shines just enough light through to illuminate the plate but not blinding. Let me know if you want a pic of it, and I will see if I can get one posted for you.

Here is my take on the CBR mod...

Attachments

• Vmax-CBR taillamp rear fender mod (5).jpg
    Vmax-CBR taillamp rear fender mod (5).jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 182
  • Vmax-CBR taillamp rear fender mod (15).jpg
    Vmax-CBR taillamp rear fender mod (15).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 177
  • Vmax-CBR taillamp rear fender mod (12).jpg
    Vmax-CBR taillamp rear fender mod (12).jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 165
  • P4189881.jpg
    P4189881.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20130418_232537.jpg
    IMG_20130418_232537.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20130418_232424.jpg
    IMG_20130418_232424.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 179
  • CAM00053.jpg
    CAM00053.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 178
Got mine installed the other night but now I'm having issues with turn signals hyper flashing. If I use the included relay pack and add a 10 ohm 10 watt resistor to each front LED signal, nothing changes. If I add another 10 ohm 10 watt resistor in parallel to each signal, the hyper flashing quits but there is a voltage drop and the front turns aren't very bright. I don't know what to try next.

You need (2) 50 watt resistors for the rear signals if you are using the cbr tailight. I got mine from Amazon. They are yellow anodized aluminum. Just wire one into each side. I still have the OEM signals in the front, but if you did the front too then you'll need 4 of them.

You need (2) 50 watt resistors for the rear signals if you are using the cbr tailight. I got mine from Amazon. They are yellow anodized aluminum. Just wire one into each side. I still have the OEM signals in the front, but if you did the front too then you'll need 4 of them.

Mine came with the resistors right in the harness. I think?

I am really thinking about doing this mod as I hate...let me repeat....HATE the factory tailight. Only concern is, you all have scared me to death with all these relays and stuff I may need. As of now i have the factory front blinkers but want to upgrade them to LED's soon. I have read every post on here and there is a lot of good information but quite frankly, its confusing as hell. lol.

Its really not hard to pull off, hell I was able to do it! If you follow the tips here on the forum you can't go wrong. The only issue some have had seems to be hyper flashing after the install, an inline resistor solves the problem by making the led light have the same resistance as the incandescent bulbs. A few wires to snip plus some bullet connectors (that way you can remove it easily if necessary in the future), and access to some tools to cut and weld is all you need to pull off one of the best mods I have ever seen on the Vmax.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Why not just get a no load flasher that plugs in. No resistors... mo mess. Replaces the factory one simple plug n play. Thats the way I did it cause I am not a fan of resistors.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

I am really thinking about doing this mod as I hate...let me repeat....HATE the factory tailight. Only concern is, you all have scared me to death with all these relays and stuff I may need. As of now i have the factory front blinkers but want to upgrade them to LED's soon. I have read every post on here and there is a lot of good information but quite frankly, its confusing as hell. lol.

I installed my using the CBR taillight thread. got this light with the necessary wiring. I didn't have any issues at all with hyper flashing. Just wired it in and all was well. :clapping:
http://www.motodynamic.com/product_info.php?products_id=184&osCsid=c08v9l811ul5a1b1lghmppa2f3

Just got my tail light today. Just wish there was a better way to mount it w/out cutting up the inner fender & tabs off the plastic fender.

Just got my tail light today. Just wish there was a better way to mount it w/out cutting up the inner fender & tabs off the plastic fender.

Just eliminate the inner fender all together & silicon the light in there

Or you could just get a used fender off of eBay & mod it & keep yours stock if you ever want to go back, but I doubt you would ever go back to the stock light again

I reckon im gonna give it a try. There is plenty of people on here i can call for help. Hehe. Thanks guys

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The website link thats listed on page 3 says they are out of stock. Anywhere else to get them from?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back