New Vmax Owner A Little Concerned!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to remember that these forums are used to trouble shoot issues. More than not, you'll see a thread on this or that being broken. You very seldom see a thread that says, "My starter is working great, my R&R is charging beautifully and my suspension couldn't be more dialed in.

You also have to remember that most forum goers are MUCH more anal about the subject at hand.

Chris

Another recommendation for Sean, I spoke to the guy about stuff beyond bikes and will attest he's true gear head. Also a normal human being, I picked his brain for days and while I have had others tell me to FO after a while because I wasnt buying shit from from, he just kept coming back. Respect++

Thanks to everyone for all the initial info on my new Vmax. I think I will get some more miles logged to determine exactly what I want out of it. At this point I'm thinking handling/brakes. The power is plenty satisfying for now. This is a second chance at life for this old bike. Looking at the title, its only had 1k miles since 1997. Gentleman I bought it from spent some cash to bring it back, but I figure it may need some more miles put on to make sure all is good. So far its been a blast!
HH Brake pads, then bigger rotors, progressive springs and fork brace the first winter. I have since added:
Ricor Intiminators - fork valving aid w/ 5wt oil.
SS brake lines and Sean's brake adapters to add 6 piston calipers. (awesome 2 finger braking now!)
Progressive 440 HD shocks.
Solid motor mounts. (Delrin)
Undercut transmission, OD 5th gear, segment updated, Sean's HD oil kit
Sean's Morley muscle carb jet kit.
Mark's 4 into 2 SS exhaust with 12" cans w/ 2.25" outlets.
I still have a ways to go to get to my vision but that's quite a few $$$$'s down the road. I am enjoying each step in my visions direction and cannot wait to present my final vision completed to that vicious little primate so he can retire!:punk:
It's not the destination it's the journey enjoyed with others as we each express our personality through our Vmax's. Then there are those among us that have a dual personality and pull it off quite well, if I say so myself! :biglaugh:

HH Brake pads, then bigger rotors, progressive springs and fork brace the first winter. I have since added:
Ricor Intiminators - fork valving aid w/ 5wt oil.
SS brake lines and Sean's brake adapters to add 6 piston calipers. (awesome 2 finger braking now!)
Progressive 440 HD shocks.
Solid motor mounts. (Delrin)
Undercut transmission, OD 5th gear, segment updated, Sean's HD oil kit
Sean's Morley muscle carb jet kit.
Mark's 4 into 2 SS exhaust with 12" cans w/ 2.25" outlets.
I still have a ways to go to get to my vision but that's quite a few $$$$'s down the road. I am enjoying each step in my visions direction and cannot wait to present my final vision completed to that vicious little primate so he can retire!:punk:
It's not the destination it's the journey enjoyed with others as we each express our personality through our Vmax's. Then there are those among us that have a dual personality and pull it off quite well, if I say so myself! :biglaugh:

Thats a pretty nice list of upgrades there...kinda the direction I'd like to go (some of that stuff not sure what it is just yet) but the springs/shocks, brake pads, jets & exhaust are calling me. BTW dont Vmax's have a fork brace from the factory? Or is it something different than i am thinking? Also do you still have the '92 front end with those new parts listed?

Thats a pretty nice list of upgrades there...kinda the direction I'd like to go (some of that stuff not sure what it is just yet) but the springs/shocks, brake pads, jets & exhaust are calling me. BTW dont Vmax's have a fork brace from the factory? Or is it something different than i am thinking? Also do you still have the '92 front end with those new parts listed?
As Mike said it did come with a fatory fork brace and after going with a fork brace from Python Motorsports the only thing I noticed was a little more precision between the bars and front wheel reaction. I like the looks of the Python fork brace as well over the stocker. My front end is stock '92, well at least that's where I started.
I also did a couple more mods that I left out: DD clutch and Sean's Morley Muscle seat which was cut down a couple inches.Now it is waaay more comfortable/ better looking than stock(had a rip in the original) but this past year I had Sean flatten the profile a little more. It made the seat even more comfortable letting me do 4 - 500+ mile days during a 12 day stretch(2500 miles total). I road the bike every day and was never sore or aching so that may be a good upgrade too if you like to do long mileage trips.
Here are some before and after pics:

Attachments

• Picture 039.jpg
    Picture 039.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 056.jpg
    Picture 056.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1173.jpg
    IMG_1173.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 27
I have 2 fork braces on hand for the early forks guys if anyone is interested. You'll find a lot of the stuff we helped Brian with. Lots for you to learn about on this forum so just ask!

Sean

I have 2 fork braces on hand for the early forks guys if anyone is interested. You'll find a lot of the stuff we helped Brian with. Lots for you to learn about on this forum so just ask!

Sean
Yep, Sean did all my transmission, clutch, hd oiling, checked valves and then topped it all off with a sweet engine paint job! Redbone would still be looing like those first two pictures if it were not for all the help from Sean and this forum!:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Well its good to know the help is here! Just got back from a ride and bike has started popping and back firing on deceleration. Just started doing it. Will start new thread on that.
What windscreen is that on yours Redbone?

Latest posts

Back