Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
Has anyone bypassed gen 2's rev limiter? AKA ( done something about that piss poor top end ) This bike has got to be able to do at least 170 mph!

Thanx
Shorthair.........

Yes, but you'll need one of my Gen II Brothers to answer what it takes...

Either buy one of the race ECUs from mother Yamaha or...........send the stock, non-race ECU to Tim Nash in FL to be reflashed w/top speed limiter removed. I understand the 'Nashflash' is by FARRRR the way to go. Tim goes by Vmaxguru on this site.

1000% get the reflash from GuruGear (Tim Nash)
I have almost 18,000 miles since the first flash with ZERO issues. More power (upwards to 25% in 1st and 2nd gear) a tad more in 3rd 4th 5th, timing cahnges (Bike even sounds better) no speed limiter, raises red line to 10,500 (should be good for about 178mph or so...) Better fuel mileage, I can go on and on... ;)
I have run a 9.94 in the 1/4 with another .15 still there (and I have the "slower" red GenII ;) ), I am 215 suited up, and that was the flash version 1.5, I have the new flash but have not gotten to the track with it yet.

http://guruedgear.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=52

Back