Reserve Capacity

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
Rode until I ran out of gas (forgot to turn on reserve) but luckily there was a station in front of me so I rolled in and next to a pump. Filled it up to the neck but only took 3.8 gallons. I believe there was still some gas at the bottom (not bone dry).

1. Is reserve cap 0.2 gall ?
2. Is the leftover gas I saw the reserve (or a mirage) and is the only access to this through the reserve switch?
3. Is the fuel intake at the very bottom of the tank?

Manual says 4 total gallons, .8 reserve. The fuel line hooks to the tank at the top. You can see it if you remove the seat and follow the hose from the fuel filter to the gas tank.

Mark

If i sucked the tank dry does that mean there is 0.8 gallons left (if reserve was'nt turned on)?

Correct. If you don't switch to reserve the bike will run until the float bowls are empty.

Mine comes on a bit early, always has. I usually have 1 gallon remaining.

Mark

If you don't use the full capacity of the tank with reserve off..is there a reason not to keep it on all the time? Waste of power?

You're light would still come on because the fuel sender in the fuel tank would activate and light up the fuel light. The only thing would be you might not notice the light and run out....or you would notice it but wouldn't know when it came on and how much reserve you really have left.

Mark

Latest posts

Back