spacer for lowering?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unblind

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance but I'm having a heck of a time grasping the spacers needed for dropping the forks internally. I have gone through and searched but want to confirm that I'm following correctly.
If I am wanting to install progressive springs, in order to lower it, I add a pvc spacer under the small bottom spring. Should I use schedule 40 or smaller ID 80 on the 1990 forks? Then whatever size that spacer was(1"-2", cut that amount off of the original steel spacer up top, right?
Can you cut 1"-2" off the top steel spacer and install that inside as the bottom spacer?
:ummm:

i don't see why not. the progressive lowering kits have that option though and come with a spring instead of a rigid spacer for under the damper rod.

i don't see why not. the progressive lowering kits have that option though and come with a spring instead of a rigid spacer for under the damper rod.

thanks for your input.
I ended up just getting the springs alone, not the lowering kit. It was a good deal and figured I would make some spacers when the time came for install , which is soon.
So what about pvc, recommendations?

the progressive kit comes with pvc so i bet its a suitable material. you may also want to ask if guys who have lowered 1" have the second spring laying around you could buy off them cheap. the kit allows u to do a 1" or 2" drop.

Latest posts

Back