The IGNITECH TCI thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I attached a picture showing how I have been setting VBoost opening up in units purchased from me.

I put arrows from RPM/Percentage blocks to the corresponding yellow dot on the graph that block controls. Block #1 controls yellow dot #1, Block #2 controls yellow dot #2 so on.

There are 10 blocks to the right of RPM on left side of screen. Each one of these blocks can be set at any RPM, in 100 RPM increments. RPM settings must increase left to right.

Below the RPM row, there is a row Percentage, This row sets the amount of rotation of the servo motor. It will somewhat closely match the percentage of VBoost butterfly opening. Each block in the Percentage row is tied to the RPM setting above it. The percentage values can be anywhere between 0 and 100. They do not have to increase left to right like the RPM blocks. On the graph, the numbers bottom to top on left side represent percentage of opening. (0%, 20%, 40%, 60&, 80%, 100%,120%)

In 1st picture, VBoost is set to go to 11% opening at 4900 rpm, then 22% at 5100, 42% at 5,500, 42% at 5,500, 60% at 5,600, then 100% the rest of the way.

In the second picture, I set it up for DEMO purpose only, to show versatility of Ignitech TCI. VBoost is set to go to 34% at 4600, 66% at 5,200, 100% at 5,800 to 7,000, then decrease VBoost to 67% at 7,300, 50% at 7,500 the rest of the way.

This Chart can be dialed in to whatever you want. It requires a computer connection via a usb/com cable to reset, it can not be done like Dyna with dip switches.

Gary

Last edited:
I got my ignitech installed today and am having issues. my laptop doesnt read the ign files and the internet doesnt give a program to read them. how do I download a good map? i have stage 7 carbs, cops, 4-1 hindle.... I think I have a venture ign. map now as i also have no boost.

Thanks, Randy 1201MAX

There shouldve been a map installed on the ignitech its self. What year is your vmax? There is a difference between the earlier ones, vs later ones...# of pick up coils...etc. I have an 07 that I can send you.

Eric

LOL....it might help if I look....yours is a 98 dark blue. Pm me your address....and I will send you a copy of mine.

I got my ignitech installed today and am having issues. my laptop doesnt read the ign files and the internet doesnt give a program to read them. how do I download a good map? i have stage 7 carbs, cops, 4-1 hindle.... I think I have a venture ign. map now as i also have no boost.

Thanks, Randy 1201MAX

Randy,

Did you get TCI from Sean Morley or me?? I'll help you if you didn't, but if you did there should be a CD with kit that has required files on it.

You need a program with a name similar to "131203a_tcip4A_v88.exe" the numbers before "tcip4_v88" will vary depending on version.

This is the software interface to load and manipulate the *.ign files.

The ign file can't be loaded to TCI without TCIP4 software.

Gary

I'll give it a rest for the day and try again tomorrow. Sometimes that is all it takes.

I did get it from sean . And I do believe I have the correct software. It took me a bit to download the driver for the cable and then at the end it wouldnt connect again. I will give it another shot tomorrow and get back to you if I need anything. Thanks for replying Gary.

Randy

On the top row of icons in software, there is a COM tab. Click on this and all the way to bottom is an AUTO tab, click on it.

This will allow software to scan all com ports to find cable.

Bike key must be on with TCI hooked up to get a connection.

Gary

Officially baffled. Drove bike up and down road to charge battery a bit, runs like shit, likes to backfire. So anyway I hooked laptop and there it connected.I thought things were good until I did a little looking at programming different things but changed nothing, not purposely anyway... I read and verified disconnected and tried to start bike and guess what? She wont even fire, I just don't get it.

On the Right hand menu where it says killswitch, it says yes and is red in color... don't know if that means something

I got the venture new.v88 ign loaded and it will start. I don't think it is the right program for my bike though...hmmm...

Thats because its not....I can send you a "copy" of mine if you want. That way you know that you have a program that is working.

I got the venture new.v88 ign loaded and it will start. I don't think it is the right program for my bike though...hmmm...

The venture new.ign is what Ignitech supplies. I think it is way off what is needed.

Reload the program back into the TCI from the CD you have. There are 3 different 90-07 programs, one with VBoost & one for COP's & v boost, other is for no v boost. See if it will start with IGN I made.

Programs are in main directory on CD.

Gary

I loaded the vmax old venture program and got the kill switch on right hand menu of TCIP4 to not be red anymore but bike will not fire with that program.

Load right program and put tap to "killswitch off" (?), mine won't fire without that.. But be aware, you can drive with your sidestand down now, check that every time you take off!

Load right program and put tap to "killswitch off" (?), mine won't fire without that.. But be aware, you can drive with your sidestand down now, check that every time you take off!

There are 2 input blocks on the Miscellaneous tab. Set input #1 to Off, Set input #2 to Blocking

This should fix the side stand issue you are having. Picture attached.

Gary

Attachments

• Misc screen.jpg
    Misc screen.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 31
Back