Carb diaphragm repair

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been battling a stumble/cutout off idle when letting out clutch this past summer. It is worse when engine is hot ( putting around town). If i get it out on the highway and cool it back down it would almost be non existent. I hooked a oscilloscope up to the coil outputs from the ignition box but could not find any issues of coils cutting out. I found it I pulled up to a stop light and partially pushed down on choke lever it seemed to help or eliminate the stumble/cutout. If I would rev up to 1500 rpms before letting out clutch it would not stumble. I pulled the carbs off and pulled out the diaphrams and found this on all 4 of them. PXL_20231105_155132640~2.jpgIs there a way to reseal the fabric where it has lost the rubber coating? I'm thinking at idle there is too much of a vacuum loss thru diaphrams to pull them open at idle. Bike runs great at all speeds above idle except when letting out clutch. I am stumped at this point and really don't want to throw $200 at every diaphram if this is not what is causing the issue. all pilot jets are clear.

Back