Gear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambow

Reaction score
After roaming the board and web for a while I decided to pick up some new gear and thought I would share my initial thoughts about it for those in the market. I was looking for some gear I can wear year 'round that would keep me safe and comfortable, so I decided on mostly tour master stuff. I picked up a Sabre Series 2 Jacket, black on black cordura (synthetic stuff) and matching Caliber pants from motorcycle-superstore.com. With a coupon I paid a little under 250 for the set after shipping and they arrived in 3 days. Obviously they haven't had much of a stress test yet, but my initial impression is that both appear to be high quality items. They are well insulated for cold weather riding but both have zip out linings and are well ventilated as well. They look sharp and simple, not flashy IMO, but more importantly they are 600 denier cordura all around, with 1000 denier cordura in the right places along with CE approved armor. The fit is pretty good because there are straps at just about every joint to tighten/loosen the fit. They also look like they would keep out rain/cold because every zipper has a "seal" and velcro to cover it. They also zip together with the pants, which is nice.

All in all, I'm much more impressed with them than the synthetic Joe Rocket jacket they're replacing (first pair of riding pants, so I can't comment on those).

I also picked up a used pair of Kobe Pro Racing Motorcycle Gloves off ebay for $50 shipped. These gloves are leather, gauntlet style gloves that also seem to be nice quality items. They overlap the jacket nicely and seem to keep you warm and protected. They include the obligatory carbon fiber knuckle/wrist protection, but they also have metal rivet-type things that cover the palm that look like they would protect your palm from road rash.

Finally, I just ordered some tour master Solution WP (waterproof) boots from motorcycle-superstore as well. They should be here Friday so I'll let you know what I think of them. If people bug me enough or by some miracle I remember, I'll post what I think of all of this stuff after a few thousand miles of riding, but my initial impression is that its quality gear at a reasonable price. Oh, and motorcycle-superstore has been friendly and prompt too.

That's all! I feel much more protected now and ready to put some serious miles on my *new* 58k mile V-Max :)

Back