Like the Cheetah car? See the Dailu V-8

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Something different, not many produced, not a street car, but then the Cheetah wasn't either. Still very interesting, and moderately successful. I know the cousin of the Canadian guy who built it and raced it.

There were 5 body styles, essentially they were one-offs, each built to improve on the last one. They won some races including Nassau and Riverside, and some in Canada.

I think this is the best looking body. Still campaigned today in historic racing.
Ford and Chevy V-8's for power at different times in the Dailu production.

The front view bears a strong resemblance to a GM dream car based on the first generation Corvair, which had a very sporty design. Look at the front crease for the nose, especially, and the shape of the body to accommodate the wheel housings. The Dailu was built first. The last 2 pics are the Corvair Monza GT concept car. Interestingly, the designer credited with the Corvair GT pictured went to join Lee Iacocca at Ford and is the Boss 302 designer, Larry Shinoda. And since we're looking at the Corvair Monza GT, I'll see you your pair of Lamborghini scissor doors and raise you a single-piece forward-hinged setup for entry! At the time this was built, you could get a Corvair factory turbocharged, with > 1 HP/cubic inch.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/1437552,15049/1962-Dailu-MKII_photo.aspx

That's a sweet looking car! There are some cars you can just look at and say to yourself "That would be fun as hell to drive." This is one of those cars.

Firemedic, MOAR.

Prior to you posting about the Cheeta, I never knew about the car. Now that is on my bucket list, so long as they keep making kits for it.

Now this.

Gimme more.

Saturday, May 20, 2017
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Heritage Park
19200 Collins Avenue
Sunny Isles Beach FL​

Go see this show, lots of neat cars, I'm likely going to visit my friend who will be there w/his 427 tri-Power 1967 Corvette. Lots of hot rods and muscle cars, and elderly stock cars.

http://www.sibfl.net/classic-car-show/

Back