Update on Godzillas pending retirement.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
My knee feels pretty good now, so about an hour ago I went out to the garage, Phillips screwdriver in hand. This was gonna be a battle to the death. I ascertained that the 2 left side carburetors were well seated, and the right ones were not. I loosened all 4 clamps, and prepared to fight the carbs to the death to get them to seat.

What actually happened was cool. Just a small push on the carbs was all it took for them to literally "pop" into place. I tightened the clamps down evenly, got them a whole lot tighter than I did when I installed them after Danny's rebuild.

I then went around to every other clamp, and found none of them were tight. After tightening everything and pulling on the carbs to see if they moved, (they didn't) I started the motor. Ran like garbage, till I reinstalled the airbox. Now the bike fires instantly, takes the throttle well, and idles evenly. Gonna do a sync with the Morgan Carbtune and put the rest of the bike together tomorrow. Then after a wash & wax job, off for a ride tomorrow.

I could have easily just parked the bike, and let my son deal with it down the road, but your advice and encouragement kept me from doing that, and for that I thank you all.

I'm out with Zilla on a very pleasant 50 mile ride. In the old days, it would have been to a bar but now stopping for a milkshake seems better than a beer. The bike is running as close to perfectly as it ever has. No misfires, popping through carbs or pipes, nothing .

Danny did a balance on the carbs when he rebuilt them. I put them on my Morgan Carbtune, and they were perfect. No adjustment needed.

2 things I do make me feel 20 years younger, doing a gig with the band, and riding the VMax.

I'm happy.

Back