Duel stage shift light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMax-Mike

Reaction score
Is anyone trying or wanting to put a duel stage shift light on a vmax. Im working with raptor on puting one on my bike. I think it going to work great. But its $140.00 I still need to talk with raptor and see what he come up with and than run it by Damon and see what he thinks.

I want to have a light that come's on and tell's me when im at the rpm that i want to luanch at. And then go away and go to shift mode and tell me when to shift. I need to find out if the clutch switch will allow me to pre-load my bike with out switching.

the ecliptech shift lights are wicked programmable. could set it up however you'd like.

they do have a drag race mode but i forget how it works. could easily set it to go ON (green) at the rpms you want then redline at redline.

If the price is $48 and it will work its worth it. I need to read more on it and talk with them. unless you can tell all. For now im 99% sure the raptor will work. But it will come with a price.

You need a two step RPM window if you can't get one that you can program on your own. You set it up so it has the normal shift light operated when the clutch is out. Then another that is run by a relay when you flip a switch for race mode. That turns your clutch switch into another sending unit for when it's in the "on" position.

OR, get a sportbike or FJR master. Those switches are 3 position (compared to the vmax two position).

Sean

ecliptech is around the $120-$130 range i believe.

Sean are you saying that the raptor shift light wont work. From what i can see all i need to do is hook the ground to ground and power to power and the gray pulse wire from the tach to the shift wire on the the light and the the black and yellow wire from the clutch switch to the luanch mode wire on the light.

All that fancy equiptment still won't save ya Mike..................I'll still kick yer azz!.........................:biglaugh:............................Tom.

Tom all the mods cost money so put your money where your mouth is and I will be glad to take it from you.

I did exactly that for the same reason you state, one for launch and one to shift...

Used two separate lights, a raptor for the shifts, a lipstick sized yellow one (can't remember the make) for the launch, launch one was a dumb light, needed a "pill box' to operate, but instead of the normal pill box I used a window switch.....

Worked fine...

Finally got tired of looking at all the clutter, (i.e. yankess gauge cluster) and took it out and left the raptor

RAPTOR PERFORMANCE duel mode shift light installation. ****For Dual Mode Shift Light Install, see below****
Connect the white wire of the shift light to the green wire with white stripe, coming from the turn signal cancelling module located under the left faux air scoop. (With ignition on, this wire has a pulsating voltage when the front wheel is turning due to a reed resistor in the speedo cable housing; no pulse when sitting still.)

RAPTOR PERFORMANCE duel mode shift light installation. ****For Dual Mode Shift Light Install, see below****
Connect the white wire of the shift light to the green wire with white stripe, coming from the turn signal cancelling module located under the left faux air scoop. (With ignition on, this wire has a pulsating voltage when the front wheel is turning due to a reed resistor in the speedo cable housing; no pulse when sitting still.)

Is this all raptors or a special one???

Its a new duel stage light that has been out for some time know. I just ordered a chrome one with red light for $157 shipped. chrome cost $7 more and shipping was free.

Well that's something I didn't expect to hear!
I think I want to learn more about this signal... :ummm:

Back