New Vmax price must be dropping

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a substantial reduction from where they were....there was a guy in CT with a 2010 Gen-II for sale, low mileage, expensive ad-ons....$12K, and it took quite a while for it to sell.

Jeez, maybe they'll get to where a poor ol' retired guy can actually afford one! :clapping:

$14,999 is where it should have started to begin with. Will this make used ones decrease in value? Will have to see.

$14,999 is where it should have started to begin with. Will this make used ones decrease in value? Will have to see.

i would expect, considerably. why would i spent $13 on a 3 year old bike when i could get a brand new one for $14/15.

Sounds like a dealer just trying to get rid of one in stock but hopefully I am wrong...:confused2:

Hmm, I'm hoping a nice red '10 pops up for cheap, but I don't know how I'm going to pay for it with out selling one or both of my current bikes. :damn angry: Way too much sentimental value there, both are paid for and I don't really need a 3rd street bike.
I guess that should answer any questions I have about a 2010... although after riding Jeff's bike at Thunder it really got me thinking about how nice it would be to have one! Blast you all to Hell, Michigan Jeff and a big THANK-YOU for letting me ride her!:biglaugh:

Snooping around a bit at that Hall's Motorsports in Mobile AL dealership web site, and it looks like every price, on every bike seems a bit too good to be true. Leaves me wondering if they aren't dealing with damaged merchandise. I doubt there are many, if any, other dealers that could be persuaded to match that price. In fact, Hall's ads have a tidbit on the page dealing with what I call "hidden" costs not being added to the price shown. I wonder if they are trying to add $$$$$$ in destination fees, or set up fees, or etc.?

Hmm, I'm hoping a nice red '10 pops up for cheap, but I don't know how I'm going to pay for it with out selling one or both of my current bikes. :damn angry: Way too much sentimental value there, both are paid for and I don't really need a 3rd street bike.
I guess that should answer any questions I have about a 2010... although after riding Jeff's bike at Thunder it really got me thinking about how nice it would be to have one! Blast you all to Hell, Michigan Jeff and a big THANK-YOU for letting me ride her!:biglaugh:

What got me was when some 'dimrod' (some friend he turned out to be, and I really don't remember which one she sat on) at the 2011 Eureka Springs, AR rally said it would be OK for Shala to go ahead and sit on his Gen II to see how it's size & seat height suited her. Little did I know she'd be thinking about it for several months, and then hit me up on the idea of her actually getting one. And, after she got hers, it was only natural for me to want to ride it up and down the hwy to test out the butt dyno tune I was forced to put into it's ECU so's it would stop backfiring and dying all the time. Those test rides hooked me as well.:ummm:

Snooping around a bit at that Hall's Motorsports in Mobile AL dealership web site, and it looks like every price, on every bike seems a bit too good to be true. Leaves me wondering if they aren't dealing with damaged merchandise. I doubt there are many, if any, other dealers that could be persuaded to match that price. In fact, Hall's ads have a tidbit on the page dealing with what I call "hidden" costs not being added to the price shown. I wonder if they are trying to add $$$$$$ in destination fees, or set up fees, or etc.?

I emailed via this dealerships' website inquiring about the final price for this 2014 "out the door", and got this response:

Thank you for the interest in the 2014 Yamaha VMAX.

The sale price of $14,999 does not include our dealer fees of $400 doc and $800 freight/setup. Depending on your location, you may or may not have to pay sales tax.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me. Thank you!

Jimmy

So, the price at this dealership ($16199.00) matches dollar for dollar the price a person could get a 2009 for back in 2009. Still, not a bad price when compared to the full list price and how that has risen most model years since the 2009's were introduced, but not as cheap as at first glance.

it's good marketing to have these on the street instead of sitting in a warehouse. I think Yamaha priced them too-high, expecting to make a killing. how the marketing guys could have thought that was going to work, I dunno. Maybe they thought it was gonna be a 1964 1/2 Mustang, selling a million in 18 months.

$16K out the door is a good price point, and having them on the road would have driven up the demand, I say.

There has been an improvement in the dollar/yen exchange rate recently. Helped Toyota regain the top spot in auto sales again according to the newspaper business section.

Back