240 sticky tire

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgioskanakis13

Reaction score
Hello guys, it's my first time changing tires on a 240 wheel and i could use some advice.im looking for something sticky and nice handling.im thinking of trying a 130 front tire as well.has anyone else experience of this combo? What brand you recommend,thanks for helping

Avon,avon,avon....I like avon myself. When I first started building bike, my whole intention was that look your after. The name doesn't come to mind but I know what your describing. The "fat tire motorcycle look" is what I found with google.
I've done it with my Harley, its called "the dark side" where you run a rear tire up front in the opposite direction of rotation for "reasons".
Sounds weird, I know, but my experience so far has been a smooth ,stable,
zero death wobble ride ,with a badass look.
The look Iv'e got on the Max is definitly the fat tire out back(300) ,but I still would have to source the fat wheel/tire up front to bring it full circle.
Lookin at it, it sure would be cool if I did it, fat close fender too!
SHHhhhh! The mod monkey's stirring

I think that AVON is going to be my choice.i hope it comes out a good choice.thanks man for the advice, awesome bike by the way.killer looks

Avon tires are rock hard. Great for mileage. Shinko is stickiest in the 240 size.

Thanks man,but will they last?in Greece noone even knows that brand.i can find them but noone ever tried them.also they are cheaper and im a little bit sceptical.but if you tried them,i guess everything is fine.a lot of people in the forum loves them.so,i ll give it a shot..thanks

Back