Breather hose has no bolt or clip

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiteflys

Reaction score
Hi what does the breather hose do? Does it need the bolt at the end? If so what size bolt and clip needed? Thanks Vmax guys

During combustion some of the gasses will get past the piston rings (called 'blow by') and go into the crankcase.
The purpose of the breather hose is to allow these gasses to vent and prevent pressure building up in the crankcase.
As there is negative pressure in the air box the gasses are sucked in with the fresh charge and burnt.

There are two spring clips fitted to either end, part #'s 90467-14015.
I don't know the diameter but if you measure the size of the hose an auto store will be able to supply something suitable.

If you are working on a Gen1.....

My top clamp was missing too.

When I went to install it, it was nearly impossible to get in there to put it in the correct position. Maybe that was why it was missing.

I found you can slide the coolant reservoir out if it's bracket as move it aside with hoses still attached. The you can get access to the PCV hose.

A good fix is to replace the OE pipe with heater hose which has thicker side walls and does not collapse when pushing the air box down on to it.

Back