Coolant change

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20Vmax20

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did a coolant change on my 2020 per the manual and I wasn’t able to get back in the amount I took out. First let me say that the overflow tank and system were full when I drained everything. I drained 3qt 18oz and when I filled the system and overflow tank I could only put 3qt 12oz back in. I ran the bike and got it warm and checked again but the system is full. The manual says the system takes 3.96 qts but I’m sure some coolant stays in the system when drained. Should I be worried about anything?

Looking to change mine soon. Going to go with Evans Waterless Coolant. I have heard and read a lot of good things about Evans.

Yessir, I’ve been sticking with Yamalube and yamacool. If Yamaha will warranty the motor for 20 years and 100k for using them I’m on board.

You'll never get the exact amount...too many places coolant can 'hide'. Don't sweat it. I would flush with distilled water after draining the old fluid.Never heard of a vacuum refill kit. Service manual says to fill the system from the radiator cap, fill the overflow res & run it for a few minutes before checking reservoir level.

You'll never get the exact amount...too many places coolant can 'hide'. Don't sweat it. I would flush with distilled water after draining the old fluid.Never heard of a vacuum refill kit. Service manual says to fill the system from the radiator cap, fill the overflow res & run it for a few minutes before checking reservoir level.
That is how I have done it many times on my 09

Back