Could it be the AP?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalArts

Reaction score
Is the Accelerator Pump needed to get off idle while under load on Vgas set ups? Because only the front right one is shooting.

Quick run down of my symptoms again:

When it starts it will idle very smooth and has expected power while letting the clutch out at idle, but when I turn the throttle just a little bit (1.5k rpmish) the motor runs like crap and will easy stall with clutch half way out. Also, if I get it to stabilize at 1.5k rpm with clutch in and let it out, it's weaker than if it were at idle, which leads me to believe there is another problem besides the APs not working, since they wouldn't have an effect at a stabilized RPM.

Now I checked the left 2 carbs vs right 2 carbs and they had uneven throttle linkage, so I fixed that and now they rev at the same time! This helped A LOT. Unfortunately, it will still bog down and stall while letting the clutch out easier at 1.5k than at idle.

I have a feeling it's running lean, but I'm no expert. I think it could be a clogged pilot jet in at least one carb along with incorrectly tuned fuel screw/air screw/etc.

If it helps at all, it doesn't run like crap at 1.5k rpm in neutral, only when a bit of load is put on it.

Also, when I get past the 2k rpm range in neutral or in gear, it will easy run to WOT and has tons of power after some vaccum lag due to only one working AP.

What would you suggest?

I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks! :punk:

Latest posts

Back