Finally

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are no longer fighting the Spanish Flu because a vaccine was made for it and people back in the 1930's & '40's weren't stupid and took it.
I'm sorry sir, but you are incorrect. The Spanish Flu went away over time as it became weaker and weaker (more virulent, but less deadly) and our immunological processes became more able to fight it. There was never a vaccine for it. But that is not really the point. And don't get me wrong, my wife and I were both at the front of the vaccine line as soon as we could get it...we even jumped the queue a bit for our second dose. Jury is still out on the third shot because of the shenanigans at the FDA, but I suspect we will get the booster. I believe in science, not principles over possibilities. And I refuse to live in fear. And I refuse to believe any politician until I can decide if there is something in what they say for the citizens and not just for them. Remember what Mark Twain said over a century ago, "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Nothing has changed, except the people who trust those nincompoops are the idiots.

I will only say this then no more. I talked to my next door neighbor in FL yesterday, asked him abt covid, he says hospitals are abt full. Now he was dead set against vax. His unvaxed wife tested positive, she's on mend after abt a month, he got the 2X pfizer vax, and she will be getting it soon. Sounds like people are deciding to get vax down there now.

ppl can argue and voice opinions and that's fine when the virus isnt affecting them DIRECTLY but let covid invade their household and do damage and they MAY (and seems some ARE) doing a 180 on their opinions. Always happens this way no matter what the issue is.

Last edited:
Well, for me there's a very simple answer to that:

Nearly 650,000 Americans are dead now from covid. If you get vaccinated, you really don't have to worry about dying or even becoming seriously ill. So why anybody would say, "well, I'll take my chances of dying or going bankrupt from a 2 month hospital stay because freedom" is stupid on a level I can't wrap my head around.

Statistics don't enter into it.

Absolutely right. Numbers are meaningless when it is your family, friend, or loved one who is dead or has long-term effects from COVID-19. Arguing numbers is a waste of time.

The Spanish Flu went away over time as it became weaker and weaker (more virulent, but less deadly) and our immunological processes became more able to fight it.
Uh huh. Yeah. Sure. Right. I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with the 10's of millions of vaccines administered world wide.

Numbers are meaningless when it is your family, friend, or loved one who is dead or has long-term effects from COVID-19. Arguing numbers is a waste of time.
There it is. Well said.

Last night on 60 minutes they had a bit of vaccine news / interviews. One was an Army officer that is a doctor. He said they're just a few years away at most from making a vaccine that will grant us immunity from all SARS based viruses (which Covid is).

All of them. In a few years, they'll eradicate it.

Well, they'll eradicate it but it'll still hang around until most of the republicans too stupid to take the vaccine die.

Last edited:
Well, for me there's a very simple answer to that:

Nearly 650,000 Americans are dead now from covid. If you get vaccinated, you really don't have to worry about dying or even becoming seriously ill. So why anybody would say, "well, I'll take my chances of dying or going bankrupt from a 2 month hospital stay because freedom" is stupid on a level I can't wrap my head around.

Statistics don't enter into it.
Freak

Well I’ve finished off the deck we will run an extraction day this weekend….very cool !!
As for the covid 19 thoughts
Growing up in the Gta I’ve seen all manners of respitory viruses and illness I saw this coming in the fall of 2019 and to be honest was quite alarmed at initial news and rapid spread.
I’m by no means alarmist and educated enough to know that this is not a normal occurrence. I was vaccinated as a kid in the sixties and that was it
aside from a round for rabies got bit by a kitten at a remote jobsite anyway point is this I did get both shots against my better judgement something is just bothering me about this
I did get a reaction from the first shot almost like a 24 hour flue
now in hindsight
I believe I have done the right thing for me my partner and the general community
For me it was a tough choice but right. For me. Im not about to tell anyone what they have to do I hope everyone gets through on this
you can argue all the numbers it took a serious toll and continues to do so I do not believe one bit this is the last such event I see before I go
I’ll roll with it as it comes

EVERYONE BE WELL!!!
Rubber down
Peter1EB3C9FC-923B-4F97-A6C9-0CDF004144F9.jpeg11F5EE65-E0B1-4F33-9CC9-DC7F4967C1C2.jpeg

Maybe if they got it in the 30s and 40s (I didn't fact check you) its because their experts were more trusted and trustworthy. Now everyone is a partisan warrior with an agenda way beyond my health. How can you believe anything Fauci says. He's all over the map and he is an SJW. Bet Trump wishes he'd fired him. Fauci I think in a big part responsible for Trump loss. Elites always feel they must issue their directives to us peons because they are so much smarter than us. This country needs more humility.

We are no longer fighting the Spanish Flu because a vaccine was made for it and people back in the 1930's & '40's weren't stupid and took it.
nonsense. Reason the Spanish flu was eradicated is that its only host was human's
Uh huh. Yeah. Sure. Right. I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with the 10's of millions of vaccines administered world wide.

There it is. Well said.

Last night on 60 minutes they had a bit of vaccine news / interviews. One was an Army officer that is a doctor. He said they're just a few years away at most from making a vaccine that will grant us immunity from all SARS based viruses (which Covid is).

All of them. In a few years, they'll eradicate it.

Well, they'll eradicate it but it'll still hang around until most of the republicans too stupid to take the vaccine die.
So now a virus has a political agenda? Or is that just you being ridiculously judgmental?

Elites always feel they must issue their directives to us peons because they are so much smarter than us. This country needs more humility.
I had to look up the peon, and it is fairly hard hitting as a word. I could make a whole speech on this topic regarding the working classes, but I’ll stop myself from doing that as it would take up too much space on this website, and I suppose at the end of the day it’s a VMax site :( Unfortunately allot of the population regard the “elites” as having more intelligence, higher IQ’s, member of Mensa, and being “smarter”.

This is not the case, the wealthy have a much better chance in life of being educated. But I can assure you they only have confidence in themselves and truly believe they have something to say that others want to listen to. I‘ve conjured up a saying that it’s confidence over ability, and quote it on a regular basis. These people are not smarter than the general population, and there must be a few right up at the top who feel the same way.

Biden announces sweeping new vaccine mandates for 100 million Americans

President Joe Biden on Thursday announced sweeping new federal vaccine requirements affecting as many as 100 million Americans in an all-out effort to increase COVID-19 vaccinations and curb the surging delta variant.

Speaking at the White House, Biden sharply criticized the roughly 80 million Americans who are not yet vaccinated, despite months of availability and incentives.

“We’ve been patient. But our patience is wearing thin, and your refusal has cost all of us,” he said, all but biting off his words. The unvaccinated minority “can cause a lot of damage, and they are.”

The expansive rules mandate that all employers with more than 100 workers require them to be vaccinated or test for the virus weekly, affecting about 80 million Americans. And the roughly 17 million workers at health facilities that receive federal Medicare or Medicaid also will have to be fully vaccinated.

Biden is also signing an executive order to require vaccination for employees of the executive branch and contractors who do business with the federal government — with no option to test out. That covers several million more workers.

Our Most Reliable Pandemic Number Is Losing Meaning

" The study found that from March 2020 through early January 2021—before vaccination was widespread, and before the Delta variant had arrived—the proportion of patients with mild or asymptomatic disease was 36 percent. From mid-January through the end of June 2021, however, that number rose to 48 percent. In other words, the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease. "

Another great study although it is by no means complete. Lots of info here to digest.

Back