Horrible Starter Noise

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a suggestion about buying a used bike, I believe anything which hasn't been used in awhile will need work. If you can do some things on your own, like oil changes, brake pads, and general maintenance, you will be able to save $. Being able to synch your carburetors, and disassemble them for cleaning, and get them together properly, especially on the VMax, can save you $$$. Knowing how to bleed your brakes and the VMax's hydraulic clutch, maybe install a new gasket & seal set in your brake and clutch master cylinders, and service the clutch slave cylinder (seal and a square O-ring) well, you're practically printing money!

There is a lot of info in the threads, use the upper-right search and advanced search and read-up on what you need to do. Even if you decide to let a shop do it, you will be a more-knowledgeable consumer.

Here's a suggestion about buying a used bike, I believe anything which hasn't been used in awhile will need work. If you can do some things on your own, like oil changes, brake pads, and general maintenance, you will be able to save $. Being able to synch your carburetors, and disassemble them for cleaning, and get them together properly, especially on the VMax, can save you $$$. Knowing how to bleed your brakes and the VMax's hydraulic clutch, maybe install a new gasket & seal set in your brake and clutch master cylinders, and service the clutch slave cylinder (seal and a square O-ring) well, you're practically printing money!

There is a lot of info in the threads, use the upper-right search and advanced search and read-up on what you need to do. Even if you decide to let a shop do it, you will be a more-knowledgeable consumer.
We all want this forum LOL, If he lets a shop do it he will NEED this forum!

We all want this forum LOL, If he lets a shop do it he will NEED this forum!
Some decent shops out there. Dealers are usually expensive, it's been years since I took a bike to a dealer. I do as much as I can on my own. The independent shop I use the most isn't cheap, but he's good, and cheaper than a dealer.

Nothing more disappointing than a crummy dealer.

Back